• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting Shutter & ISO Parameters

#1 KahunaGary
Is DDB intended for Day to Milky Way transitions?  With my camera/lens set-up I need maximum shutter time of 30 seconds and ISO 1600 to capture decent images of the Milky Way. Do I simply plug these Shutter/ISO Max parameters into DDB, set my interval on the external intervalometer to 35 seconds and hit GO and DDB does the rest?
#2 Gunther
Yes, basically you do it like this. Nevertheless I'd check from time to time and adjust (reduce) the reference value a bit if you feel the images get too bright when the night comes. This allows for the best results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 KahunaGary
Turns out that a 35 second interval yields a jerky or stuttering appearence for my daytime images.  I noticed in your Tajinaste video the interval changed from 15 seconds to 21 seconds mid sequence.  Did you simply stop the interval timer, increase the interval and restart the intervalometer?
#4 Gunther
Yes, I think I did it that way, but the change in speed is of course noticeable. I'm currently building a diy intervalometer that will allow for smooth ramping of the interval over a certain time, will make a blog post about that soon.
#5 stars
Hi Gunther,

For interval ramping you might want to look at the Michron from Alpine Laboratories ?

I can pre-program interval ramping for it in two seconds using a tablet, but there is of course no feedback loop once the shoot is in motion, and that is what you might be looking for ?

Nonetheless I find Michron to be great value 

thanks again for all your help

Stars

PS replies to users between 24.00 hrs and 6.00hrs = not good for your health !!  :-)
#6 Gunther
Exactly, mostly I don't know, when exactly I would start the interval ramping so I'd like to program it in real time while shooting.

...also check out: