• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shooting frames for timelapse

#1 phil
Hi All,

I've been looking online for a while now about how to create timelapses. I have been able to create timelapses during the day or night. However I would like to now move onto creating timelapses that start in the daytime>sunset>darkness (stars if applicable).

In the past when light was constant (day or night), I would have the camera set on manual mode, aperture would be constant, set my exposure, and then punch in my interval and exposure time on the intervalometer. But when we are taking pictures with differing stops (up to 20 stops) the manual settings I use can't be used for the entire time of the shoot, otherwise some shorts will be over/under-exposed depending on whether I am shooting night-day or day-night.

Besides "bramping" I want ask how do we know what settings (exposure time) do we set on the camera during the golden period (i.e around the sunset time) seeing that the light dramatically changes within the space of minutes. I was hoping I didn't have to be in front of the camera changing the settings.

Regards,
Phil
#2 Gunther
Please watch my video about the "Holygrail" with LRTimelapse and DslrDashboard in the tutorials section: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorials
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: