• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simplified workflow with JPG?

#1 Bas
Hi Gunther,

Congratulations on your achievement. Looks impressive.

I wanted to try the simplified workflow (without Lightroom) on a series of JPG's.
For a while the editor was grey, but after saving i could make an adjustment.

But then the editor keeps being greyed out after I touch a slider and takes up a lot of time before reappearing.
With RAW files it seems to go a lot smoother.
Looks like it has trouble with JPG, or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Bas
www.thetimewriters.com - recording the future
#2 Gunther
Hi Bas, usually after the initial creation of the visual previews, the editor should be quite fast, but of course this depends on your computer etc.
However, you should always check the log, whenever you experience anything unexpected.
Certainly JPGs have some disadvantages, like the XMP needs to be saved into the file instead of just in a small sidecar file. Working with Raw files is always recommended for the best quality and performance.

The internal editor is a "workaround" and has a certain lag due to the preview having to be developed - of course Lightroom is faster in editing. But with the internal editor you save yourself the detour importing the sequence into Lightroom and often it's the faster way to do things.

Send me the log, if you are in doubt that everything is running smoothly (info menu / show log).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bas
Hi Gunther,
Thank you for the quick response!
I will do some further testing, was just fiddling with all your options Smile
www.thetimewriters.com - recording the future
HDR workflow
bojanv55
2024-08-17, 09:16
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: