• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Single frame edits

#1 stars
Hi Gunther,

Is there an easy and quick way to do this ??

In a sequence of 1000 frames of milky way tlapse, I find in the video, that there is just one frame with flash of light in some trees, caused by a car.
I did not notice this in LRTimelapse visual previews and now I want to get rid of it.

So I find the troublesome frame by scrolling slowly in LRT, and I note the problem frame number, say 550 and the corresponding DSCnnnn.NEF .

I go Lightroom, edit DSCnnnn.NEF and paint out the flash of light in the trees, then I save metadata for just this one frame.

My question is; is it possible to export just this frame ? LRT does not appreciate just one frame, so I export two either side to make sequence of five; export to a new folder; then I renumber the new clean middle image to LRT_550 and over-write the original in the entire original sequence.

Then I render the video once more.

But is there a more sophisticated way to do this ??

Cheers :-)
#2 Gunther
There basically two ways to do it.
The first is similar to what you did: Edit the corresponding frame in Lightroom, select that frame and the next (LRTExport won't allow you to export one single frame only) and set the "initial sequence number" to the number of the edited frame in the advanced settings of LRTExport. This will export those selected two frames with the right numbers.
With this approach, you need to take care that you cannot use Auto Transition afterwards in LRT anymore, since that would overwrite your single non-keyframes edit.

The second approach is what I mostly do: export the keyframed sequence via LRTExport and do the single frame editing on the exported JPG or TIFF. You can do that with Photoshop, or even better sometimes with After Effects. After effects allows you to load the JPG/TIFF sequence as image sequence then you can for example stamp from the previous image to the next etc. When finished you export from After Effects again as JPG/TIFF sequence with the same naming that LRT expects and the you can use the LRT renderer to render that edited intermediary sequence.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 stars
OK, got it. After Effects using stamp....ideal.

Many thanks
#4 stars
Ah, but there is a trap !

Just to make sure I am concentrating, I see that LRT_00001 is the first inter. file name. The last being LRT_00499

They correspond to frame #0 and to frame #498 in the LRTimelapse spreadsheet.

Wouldn,t it help to start the spreadsheet with frame = 1, so that there is a direct liason between frame and intermediate file name?
#5 Gunther
You can change the numbering to start with 1 in the LRTimelapse settings.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 stars
I knew you would have it covered already!

Flashes in the bushes now cured.

I took the flashed frame with the one previous to Photoshop, lassoed the good bushes from prev. frame, then copy and special paste onto bad frame. Merge to visible, then save to replace the bad frame.

Quick and easy once I got the process defined.

...also check out: