• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skipped Frame Problem

#1 JBJB
I can't get this intervalometer to shoot a very common/basic sequence without skipping frames. I'm shooting 4 second intervals with 2 second exposure times on a Sony A7R3. I'm in the 'Timelapse (M)' mode. All camera settings are in manual. I'm shooting with a manual focus (Zeiss Loxia) lens.

I've thoroughly read the LRT Pro 2.5 Time quick start guide, user manual, and FAQs. I've spent a couple hours making the small, incremental changes to the 'Release Time' and 'Autofocus Time' settings as suggested in the user manual. Nothing has worked yet.

Has anyone dialed in the settings for a Sony A7R3? Can you share them? I'm excited to try some of the more advanced features of this device, but if it won't consistently shoot a basic sequence then I just won't be able to use it. Many thanks.
#2 Gunther
I'm really surprised that it doesn't work with the default settings, because it should. Is it possible that your release cable is defect or you haven't connected it fully? If you set the AF time to 0.5 seconds and the autofocus time to 0.5 seconds (just to try some settings, which would normally be way too long and work similar to those in industry timers) it has to trigger the camera reliably.
Do you have any industry timer, which you could try with the same cable?

Also on the camera: make sure to have Autofocus and Stabilizer OFF! Check out the power saving options on the sony also, you might have to turn them off.

Here is another user with a A7R3 that uses the LRT Pro Timer since quite some time which you might want to contact: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/User-bobu
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bobu
Gunther, I have and use the Sony A7R, A7rII and A7SII. Therefore if the problem is specific to the A7RIII, I can't help.

As long as everything is in manual mode the default settings of the Pro Timer work for me. I experienced some problems when I change the aperture during the sequence, but never with my Loxia lenses, only with the electronically coupled Batis lenses and rather short intervals.

Boris
#4 Gunther
I can't believe that the Sony 7R3 should be any different to other cameras. I think it's some other problem, like a faulty cable. It's unlikely, but if nothing else helps, it could also be a hardware defect on the timer contacts.
#5 JBJB
May have found the problem. It appears my cable wasn't fully connected to the intervalometer. It was 90% in, but not fully. That seems to have solved the issue on my A7R2. I'll try it tomorrow on my A7R3 just to be sure.
#6 Gunther
That's what I was thinking. Let us know.
#7 lkunl
I have same problem. I use A7III. I try to shoot with 200ms Release Time and 0ms AF Time but i always get missing frame. Tomorrow I will try again with AF time to 0.5 seconds and the autofocus time to 0.5 seconds as Gunther said.
#8 Gunther
0 ms AF time is definitely not enough and also not the default!
#9 lkunl
Ok i will try with default setting tomorrow.
#10 Gunther
Yes, try with the default 200ms, if that's produces skipped frames, try gradually increasing to 250, 300 etc.

Install the new firmware r17, which will save the release time, see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-bug...lease-time

...also check out: