• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slider for dusk/dawn/night time lapses

#1 mstriebeck
I am mostly taking time lapses at night (or dusk/dawn) with a Nikon D750. I am considering buying a slider for it. As the exposure times can get pretty long (up to 30 seconds or longer) I would like to get one that has an intervallometer and can stop the slider motion during exposure. What is a good/simple solution?

Feel free to point me to other discussions as I'm sure this came up before.

Thanks
Mark
#2 mstriebeck
Oh, I was looking at the rhino sliders (plus equipment) but a) wasn't 100% sure what I would need, and b) it wasn't very cheap - but maybe that's how much you have to pay for this...
#3 Pretender
I have a D750 as well as the Rhino Slider and an eMotimo TB3. They are a good combination. The TB3 will fire the camera's shutter at a predetermined interval (upto 999 seconds I think) but it cannot provide exposure time - this needs to be set either on the camera or by another device. It can also be set to hold silder position until the shutter closes. For example if my shot interval is 100 seconds and my exposure time is say 60 seconds, it can be set to move the slider at an interval of between 60 and 100 seconds - whichever point you choose. Unfortunately it is not a cheap solution. . .

Hope this helps.

...also check out: