• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

SlowCity - timelapse film - sliders, pan&tilt heads, LR Timelapse etc.

Tongue
#1 DSB
Hello! We completed our timelapse film "SlowCity" and we'd like to invite you to check it out. It involves sliders, pan and tilt heads, lot of funky sequences and many examples of LR Timelapse effects!

[Video: http://www.vimeo.com/22886715]

You can find more info and photos on Vimeo!
#2 DeejayMD
Very good work!
I really like it.

I have problems using my RevolutionHead. Every time i shoot a time lapse sequence with it, the panning is very jerky. Even if i do the motion by hand (@slow speed, not programed) the result is not useable.
Did you have problems like me and how did you get rid of it?

Regards,

MD
#3 DSB
(2011-05-05, 11:59)DeejayMD Wrote: Very good work!
I really like it.

I have problems using my RevolutionHead. Every time i shoot a time lapse sequence with it, the panning is very jerky. Even if i do the motion by hand (@slow speed, not programed) the result is not useable.
Did you have problems like me and how did you get rid of it?

Regards,

MD

Hi. And thanks!

We had the exact same problem, and the only solution we found was to record it in live rec with very slow speed, then replay the movment in 20 minute timelapse, while keeping the exposure over 1 sec. So basically for a 20 minute tinelapse we programmed the movement for some 12 minutes. Its pain in the a** to be honest. When reviewed individually the photos had that shaky effect, but in video it looked normal.

It seems that the motors in revolution head are much faster because they travel only a fraction of distance compared to sliders, so you have to record the movement as.slow as possible to let the oracle nake as many cue points. Apparently Oracle records 10 points per second and thats whats causing the jerky movemement.
#4 theAndyjnee
In terms of photography that video is a masterpiece. It shows what is possible at timelapses at the moment. I'm impressed!

But I am not really convinced about the composition. To me it seems that it's just a row of good shots with the only common theme being the city where they were shot.

What is "Slow City" about? Due to the soundtrack it does not appear slow to me at all.

Don't get me wrong, it still is a great piece of art. Maybe you just focussed a bit too much on the technical side.

Cheers,
Andy
#5 DSB
(2011-05-07, 01:38)theAndyjnee Wrote: In terms of photography that video is a masterpiece. It shows what is possible at timelapses at the moment. I'm impressed!

But I am not really convinced about the composition. To me it seems that it's just a row of good shots with the only common theme being the city where they were shot.

What is "Slow City" about? Due to the soundtrack it does not appear slow to me at all.

Don't get me wrong, it still is a great piece of art. Maybe you just focussed a bit too much on the technical side.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy and thank you for the compliments. We did explain about the idea behind the film - you can read the concept in Vimeo description. But also, the play of words may not be as obvious to others as it is to people who live in this city. My hometown, as well as its inhabitants, are often.reffered to as slow, or perhaps a better word would be. "relaxed", "slowmotioned", "easy going" etc. There's no rush, no jammed traffic, no air pollution... It.'s a city that was taking up to 1000 mortar shells per day only 20 years ago. It's a city that dropped from 120.000 population to 10.000 in a matter of months and then got back to 100.000 few years later. So, people may change, they may come and go, but the city stands.

Oh, as for the music, it's a symbolic middle finger to shitty disco-folk music that invaded my city in last few years. And we hate that :-)

...also check out: