• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VERY FRUSTRATED. how to connect tp-link to camera

#1 j.j. huckin
i have watched the tutorials 100 times and scoured these forums for answers.  there are so many incomplete pieces of information out there. does anyone have a complete working set of directions on how to connect the wireless tp link mr3040 and get it to run qdslr dashboard?  i have a canon 5d mark III connected with the supplied usb cable to the tp link router.  i called customer service in china to help set up the password so that it will communicate with my iPad mini 2.  when i click on the wifi of my iPad it shows the tp link network and i can now enter in my password and it does connect via wifi.  so my iPad mini 2 and the tp link mr3040 are connected.  but when i open the qdslr dashboard and hit the canon wifi button at the top it says it is searching for any canon camera but doesn't find anything.  it simply doesn't work.

is the button on the side of the tp router supposed to be on 3g/4g or wisp or ap?

thanks.  i have a big job in which i leave tues for greenland to shoot professional video.  i have been trying for weeks to find a solution to shoot the holy grail but it doesn't seem like its gonna happen if this can't be solved.

thank you

jj
#2 Gunther
The router has to be set to AP. You have to have the alternative firmware flashed to the router, it won't work with the original firmware.
You will get the firmware on http:/dslrdashboard.info
Here is an instruction on how to flash the firmware: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-vide...3040--3752
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 j.j. huckin
thank you for that video link.  the directions are very different  for a mac vs a pc but i eventually got it figured out so thank you.  i now thought everything was going to be fine but as i try to start shooting the auto holy grail it says busy on my camera.  i have a wireless intervalometer connected and i have tried different settings but nothing seems to work.  it appears that as long as the tp link router is plugged into the usb of my canon 5d mark III...it will always say busy if i try to initiate the intervalometer.  i have 3 seconds longer on my interval vs my exposure time.  its like its just disabled no matter what.  any ideas??

thanks so much!

jj
#4 Gunther
I think you should us another intervalometer, some of those just lock the camera for too long (this is often a problem with the original ones from canon and nikon) - or you use the internal intervalometer in qDslrDashboard.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 jonnylong15
@JJ - any chance you can give insight to connecting via a mac? I'm having major issues with my router and Mac Pro.

...also check out: