• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Solved] Deflickering and 2*-3* transitions

#1 Reiep
Hi Gunther, and everyone,

First of all Gunther, great job with LRTimelapse! It's a beautiful piece of software. I've been testing v4.5.1 for the last few days and it rocks.

However I'm having an issue with the deflickering in an Holy Grail workflow: after deflickering is applied the transitions between 2* and 3* keyframes are not smooth anymore. I've shot a rapid (and very ugly, for testing purpose only!) timelapse the other morning to show the issue. I kept Lr adjustments at a bare minimum (mainly lens correction and WB): 

[Video: https://youtu.be/3cfcYZ_w5PQ]

The first half has been exported just after the Auto transition step, and the transitions are fine. The second on is after deflickering... and the transitions are smooth anymore.

I suppose there is something I don't do right. I've avoided all the Lr adjustments that may cause issues, I've tried with different reference areas, it still appear. All the transitions are 1/3 stop only, so very manageable.

Do you have any idea what may cause this phenomenon?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Maybe you didn't use the sync script in Lightroom to bring the settings from one keyframe to the other?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ync-script

You can easily observe the job of the visual deflicker via the pink curve (have you watched my Holy Grail tutorial in the tutorials section?)
After applying deflicker and saving just wait until the visual previews have been renewed, normally the pink curve will be much smoother then.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Reiep
I've used the script to synchronise my 2 keyframes (first and last frames). Anyhow in the example there is no adjustment except WB.

I've watched all the materials indeed, and I've found that the pink curve doesn't get smoother at the 2*-3* transitions when deflickering, it keeps being very steep. After saving and previews renewal, the video preview shows those exposure jumps that were not there before the deflickering Sad
#4 Reiep
While re-watching the basic tutorial I found out one thing: the Visual Preview is not being refreshed after the previews generation, either after setting the Auto Transition or after setting a first Deflickering. I'm still only seeing the RAW, undeveloped files. I'm seeing it better now that's I've tried editing much more my keyframes. I suppose it may be the cause?
#5 Reiep
And now everything is fine Smile

Trying with a more heavily pronounced editing was a good idea, as I could see that the Visual Previews were not generating... which was caused by an older version of Adobe DNG. Having a Adobe CC subscription up to date I assumed it was also up to date, which wasn't at all the case.

After installing Adobe DNG convert 9.4 the Visual Previews are being generated and the transitions seem OK. /me happy Smile
#6 Gunther
Glad you sorted that out!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Deflickering
Jeremy
2016-04-20, 04:44
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: