• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some issues with qDslrDashboard

#1 Amra
I use an Android tablet called Pipo M9 Pro with Android 4.4 KitKat.
Camera is Canon 1100D.
I use the TP-Link V2 router.

I have updated to latest router firmware & latest qDslrDashboard.

My issue is with the connection dropping randomly between my android tablet & the router. LR auto holy grail will be shooting happily and then when I return I see I'm back at the connection screen, once this has happened I am unable to reconnect without rebooting the router. I have left plenty of interval time in between shots, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I have also tried connecting directly with USB to my tablet and I get a different issue there, Auto Holy grail will shoot happily for a while, but I notice that every now & then the screen is at a picture selection screen and no longer in LRtimelapse mode, I haven't touched anything so I'm not sure why it's exiting LR mode randomly for no reason & not staying there. Once I re-enter LR mode I have to set reference again etc.

Would really like to solve these issues, I'm not sure if something's wrong with my devices, cables or if it's software.

I also have a Galaxy S3 that I'll test & see if it performs better.

btw I wanted to ask, once Auto Holy grail is running, can I turn off the screen of my android device & be sure that it keeps running properly in the background?
#2 hubaiz
Can you maybe tell me what interval and camera settings did you u use (I can try and reproduce this with the 650D I have here)

Is the wireless signal strong enough? Maybe you are to far away from the modem?

>>the screen is at a picture selection screen and no longer in LRtimelapse mode

again if you can give me the camera parameters and interval. as this can't happen, from LRTimelapse screen it can only go to connection screen (if 'Auto Holy Grail' is enabled) or back to camera control screen.
#3 Amra
(2014-04-15, 08:11)hubaiz Wrote: Can you maybe tell me what interval and camera settings did you u use (I can try and reproduce this with the 650D I have here)

Is the wireless signal strong enough? Maybe you are to far away from the modem?

>>the screen is at a picture selection screen and no longer in LRtimelapse mode

again if you can give me the camera parameters and interval. as this can't happen, from LRTimelapse screen it can only go to connection screen (if 'Auto Holy Grail' is enabled) or back to camera control screen.
Okay I had an interval of 30s, and the shutter speed never exceeded 1s (infact it stopped changing the shutter speed at 1s for some reason.)

Tablet stood 1m from the router with direct line of sight through a window, so signal was very strong.

The exit to the picture slideshow screen only happened when connected with USB, when on WiFi it would only exit to the connection screen and be stuck there as mentioned before.

As for camera settings, I used manual, auto colour balance, RAW+JPEG etc.

...also check out: