• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

some LR workflow questions

#1 Scits
Hey!
I am fairly new to lightroom, and just tried LRTimelapse. so far its awesome! Huge improvement to my prior batch processing.

I have a few questions that are more LR related, but its all about the workflow with LRTimelapse:

- Often I have a huge sequence, but only want to use a part for a timelapse or for testing. In LR I would just use a collection for processing - but with LRT, I have to shift the files around? Or is there a way to use LRT not on all files in a single folder?

- Is there a way to use only every 2nd / every 3rd etc Image? (short shooting interval, but slow down TL speed afterwards)

- How are these video export setting made? I'd like to work on the timelapses in iMovie HD (iMovie 6), it would be nice to export 720p in the "native" format to avoid rerendering on import (apple intermediate codec, iMovie is quite picky on import).
With the slideshow-presets it was easy to modify them to 12.5 fps for example, but is there some documentation on the video preset structure somewhere?

Finally a tiny feature request: remember last folder location.

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
(2011-05-08, 13:23)Scits Wrote: - Often I have a huge sequence, but only want to use a part for a timelapse or for testing. In LR I would just use a collection for processing - but with LRT, I have to shift the files around? Or is there a way to use LRT not on all files in a single folder?
Currently you will have to move the files to another folder in Lightroom.

Quote:- Is there a way to use only every 2nd / every 3rd etc Image? (short shooting interval, but slow down TL speed afterwards)
Currently this is not possible, but I'm going to think about it.

Quote:- How are these video export setting made? I'd like to work on the timelapses in iMovie HD (iMovie 6), it would be nice to export 720p in the "native" format to avoid rerendering on import (apple intermediate codec, iMovie is quite picky on import).
With the slideshow-presets it was easy to modify them to 12.5 fps for example, but is there some documentation on the video preset structure somewhere?
Unfortunately making the presets was a bit of trial and error because there is no documentation I have knowledge of. But what kind of problems do you have? You should go fine with the 720p presets you can download at my site.

Quote:Finally a tiny feature request: remember last folder location.
Thanks!
It's on my list... Stay tuned... ;-)

Thank you for your input.
Best,
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Scits
Hi Gunther,
thanks for the quick reply.
(2011-05-08, 22:56)gwegner Wrote:
Quote:- How are these video export setting made? I'd like to work on the timelapses in iMovie HD (iMovie 6), it would be nice to export 720p in the "native" format to avoid rerendering on import (apple intermediate codec, iMovie is quite picky on import).
Unfortunately making the presets was a bit of trial and error because there is no documentation I have knowledge of. But what kind of problems do you have? You should go fine with the 720p presets you can download at my site.

They work fine & import in iMovie - I don't want you to deal with my issues using an older iMovie version, just to explain:

iMovie reencodes in Apple Intermediate every time on import. I made timelapses with Quicktime Player before (import image sequence), and noticed I could avoid rerendering by exporting as apple intermediate, setting HDV 720p (then it just copies). I shoot jpgs and with sky getting darker etc I am keen on avoiding further artefacts. I will try to poke arround in the export presets & post something if I manage to come up with a working version.

...also check out: