• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

some quick questions before purchasing :)

#1 studiomonkie
Hey guys, I tried out the demo version yesterday and was amazed at the performance of this program. 
I'm shooting a stopmotion film at the moment outdoors with lots of changes in natural lighting and came across this website while looking for a good solution for post production. Initially I wanted to purchase the private version but I read you cant export the Tiff. files from lightroom. 
My two questions are; Is it possible to export the raw files to Tiff files straight from Lightroom into a folder, import the pictures into vegas/premiere and continue editing and rendering from there or do I need to use the LRTimelapse to export straight to video files? 
My second question is if the 250 euro for the pro. version will include future updates or would I need to pay whenever a new version comes out? 
Thank you in advance. Very excited to start playing around with your beautiful product. 
Have a lovely day. Highfive, Niek
#2 Gunther
Hi Niek, thanks for your interest in LRTimelapse.
LRTimelapse provides a plugin for Lightroom, that will always first create intermediary files from the developed RAW sequence as TIFF or JPG. This intermediary sequence will then be rendered to a video by LRTimelapse.
If you go for a Pro license, you can use the prores files in your video editor, the quality will be superb and you'll have a much faster workflow then when using the intermediary sequences in the video editor.
But technically of course, you can as well bring the intermediary sequences to the video editor too as image sequence.

All minor LRTimelapse updates (4.x) will be free for licensed users. If sometime in the future LRT5 comes out, there will be a discounted upgrade path for existing users.

Let me know, if you have further questions!
always ex
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 studiomonkie
Hey man, Thank you for your quick reply. I thought prores was reserved for apple only? 
I've just got my new editing laptop in the mail running windows 10. Any experience with windows and prores? so far I've always used Vegas pro as my main editing program but Im thinking of making the switch to premiere and after effects which hopefully will amplify my learning curve. I was thinking of working with the xavc codecs in vegas. Maybe I'll have to reconsider my strategy for the highest possible quality. 
Thanks once again. Highfive, Niek
#4 Gunther
Of course, I'm only working on windows (apart from the developing part on a mac).
ProRes files from LRTimelapse work perfectly in Premiere Pro on Windows and playback on windows too (MPC player ist my recommended choice).
#5 usmaan
Hi Gunther! I'm posting in this forum since I also had a few questions before purchasing. I purchased LR 2.3.2 back when it came out a few years ago. If I want to buy the current version (LRTimelapse 4) - would I pay the full purchase price, or is there a cheaper 'upgrade' price for folks who have already purchased a previous version?

Thanks!
Fan of all things epic & adventurous.
#6 Gunther
Just get the discounted upgrade, you'll find it in my shop on the second tab “upgrades and crossgrades“

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#7 usmaan
Thanks!! Will do.
Fan of all things epic & adventurous.

...also check out: