• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sony A99M2 and DSLR Dashboard

#1 rvesecky
Hi,

First of all, I realize that the Sony A99M2 is not supported in DSLR DB (Sony A99M2 is Translucent Mirror as opposed to being mirrorless). Holy Grail is unworkable as far as I can tell and I have experimented quite a bit. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) However, using DSLR DB to manually ramp the exposure triangle is really great.

With Sony, you can get Imaging Edge software to control your camera from your IOS device. Imaging Edge is awful. With intervals, long shutter speed, saving to your SD card, etc. you never know when to actually press a button (like the IOS +/-) and have the change take place in your camera. With DSLR DB the control dims when the camera is busy and when it lightens back up you can press and the change is accomplished. Yes, this is more hands on than the Holy Grail option - you have to monitor throughout and make changes based on the A99M2 histogram but it sure is a lot better than touching the camera - especially for IOS.

Since I have a nice collection of Sony A-Mount gear I am reluctant to jump on the mirrorless bandwagon and I really don't mind monitoring and changing throughout the Time-lapse.

Also, I use the LRT PRO intervalometer and it is really great.

Cheers!
#2 Gunther
You should contact the developer of qDDB for technical questions about camera support etc. He has an own forum: dslrdashboard.info
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: