• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sort order by filename ruins order

#1 pkuroda
Why doesn't this software sort order by capture time? My file name sequence restarted after 9999 to 0001 and so the last segment of my time laspse is now the first.

It goes from going dark to bright and then going dark.

UPDATE:
I toggled "Sort by filename" on and off and it worked. Must be a bug.
#2 Gunther
By default LRT sorts by capture time. Obviously this will only work after initializing the sequence, because this will as well fill in the Date/Time columns.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Not A Speck Of Cereal
[ Revisiting this discussion ]

-- I have a sequence that is loaded into LRTimelapse and appears to be sorted by Date/time original
-- The images appear to be sorted by date/time in LR
-- The TIFF files exported by LR are sorted correctly (were exported in the order sorted in LR, written in the same order as captured by the camera).

But 'Render Video' appears to have created the video using the files in filename order. The last 32 images in the sequence (filenames _DSC0001 - _DSC0032 because the camera filename-numbers rolled-over) appear at the start of the video, with the rest of the images following.

Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere?

Edit: this has happened before, but I didn't have time then to post here / investigate, so I did a quick rename of all files so they were in filename order and the Render Video then worked. But that is of course a PITA.

Thanks, Chris
#4 Gunther
If you use LRTExport for exporting, the exported files will always have the naming "LRT_00001.tif/jpg" etc. They will be automatically in alphabetical order.
Of course if you feed images to the renderer, that don't have that naming scheme, you need to take care for yourself, that they will have alphabetical order and not any overflows.
That's why I recommend to always use LRTExport Plugin from Lightroom to export, it will take care of everything.
In Lightroom make sure to have "Capture Time" set as sort order in the toolbar.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Not A Speck Of Cereal
Thanks Gunther, it's possible that I just used the regular LR export. I'll try again.
#6 Not A Speck Of Cereal
For the record: that worked.

It's easy, when you use another export dialog of other kinds of work, to forget and keep using that other method. Because that way can work (just not every time). So I need to remember to always use the LRTimelapse export dialog for TL work.

Thanks again.

...also check out: