• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sorting with Filenames

Exclamation
#1 TAOG
i found a problem here.

my imageset switch from 9999 to 0001 in the filenames.
LRTimelaps sorts this the wrong way for me. first the 0001 to 9999, but this is not my capture time.

is it posible to sort at capture time?
#2 Gunther
By default LRTimelapse sorts by Date/Time - when that information is included in the Exif. Please check that the column "Date/Time Original" is filled, otherwise write out the metadata first, that should fill it.

Via the checkbox "Sort by filename" you can toggle the sorting behaviour.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 SteMar65
(2011-08-05, 12:18)gwegner Wrote: By default LRTimelapse sorts by Date/Time - when that information is included in the Exif. Please check that the column "Date/Time Original" is filled, otherwise write out the metadata first, that should fill it.

Via the checkbox "Sort by filename" you can toggle the sorting behaviour.

I had the same problem. At some point, every 9 images, numbering with respect to the name of the file resulted in a shot that was much earlier in the sequence. I will not detail, but you must first use the sort function from Lightroom metadata for date / time and rename the correct sequence (you can choose from many parameters to name the files, but it is important of course than the counter the shooting date). Initially thought to a problem of flickering, but then I noticed this and the processing is perfect. LRTimelapse can not worry about even the names of the files .... but perhaps it could read from the metadata and report the inconsistency.
#4 Gunther
If the column "Date/Time" is filled, LRTimelapse will sort correctly regarding the Metadata Date/Time field.
LRTimelapse 1.5 final will deal better with images that have no Date/Time set in the metadata.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 TAOG
now i see the date/time in LRTimelaps Smile and it sorts right! Smile

...also check out: