• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spectrum ST4 motion control with LRT Pro Timer

#1 Henry
Hi Gunter,
My friend and I both bought LRT Pro Timer. We both have eMotimo Spectrum ST4 motion control and tried using the LRT Pro Timer with it.
However, we noticed that the ST4 moves when the shutter opens instead of when the shutter closes. This causes motion blur in the pictures. We were using both the LRT Pro Timers 2.5mm TRS to trigger the camera and the ST4.
I guess we are doing something wrong here. Can you correct us?
Thanks and regards,
Henry
#2 Gunther
I guess that's a delay time that you need to configure in the spectrums slave mode, that has nothing to do with the timer, which only sends a trigger signal check the doc for the spectrum.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Henry
Thanks, I'll look for that.
Henry
#4 Henry
Last night I worked on a fix. I connected the ST4(slave mode) with my camera's (Nikon D800e) flash PC sync and set the camera flash on Rear curtain sync. This worked as the PC Sync sends the signal to ST4 just before the shutter closes.But my Nikon Z6 and Z7 does not have a PC Sync connection, for that I have to connect my flash as the flash has this connection. The flash does not need to be on. I have to look for a simple flash PC Sync adapter..
Henry
#5 Gunther
Doesn't the spectrum offer an option for a fixed delay before moving in slave mode? Then you could set that to the longest exposure that you're aiming for in that shooting and go for it with the direct connection.
#6 Henry
Unfortunately no. There is a Static Delay which can be timed delayed for different purpose. Connecting via PC Sync works fine for now. I just have to buy that small converter for my Z6/Z7. All my Nikon DLSR's have the PC Sync connection.
This way any Motion controller should with LRT PT.
#7 Henry
Hi Gunter
"Two camera ports can trigger 2 cameras in parallel. You can also use the second port for slave-triggering a motion control device, which will save you from using a hot-shoe solution for this."
Have you used LRT PT connecting to Motion Control to trigger the movement for long exposure? I'm curious to know how that works after the camera shutter closes.
Regards,
Henry
#8 Gunther
Yes of course. You need to set the delay in the motion controller.
#9 Henry
Thanks. I am in correspondence with the emotimo support team and will convey this to them.

...also check out: