• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

spot removal and adjustment brush

#1 MarvinT
Hi Gunther,

For some reason i have not bee able to reply in the thread in FAQ:  So i have to do it here...

I have two questions regarding spot removal and adjustment brush.

I learn from FAQ and other posts that i should do spot removal to the second last step, just before export in Lightroom. I will need to do this on 2/3 of my sequence, so how should i copy this edit onto the rest of the pictur after i do the first one? Use LRT sync keyframe script? Wouldn’t that cancel out all the adjustment ramping/transition made in LRT4? Or should i copy this via “development setting” by Lightroom itself?

And about adjustment brush, how do you define “complex” or “brush too much”? 
“If you use Brushes, please make sure to make the shapes not too complex because only a certain amount of data can be stored into the XMP files. If you brush too much, this will fail to get stored.”
Is there any way i can tell if the brush data is not fully stored before i generate visual previews in LRT? Casue i am doing a 9000 pic sequence, any button after first roll (auto adjustment/ visual previews) take few hours on my slow machine Sad
Not sure if i understand this correctly, but i can only see 2 brush adjustment column (1st brush loc. Exp. and 2nd brush loc. Exp.) in LRT after i made 4 adjustment brushes in lightroom, does that means only two of them is recorded in LRT?
Could you shed some light please? 

Best
#2 Gunther
For spot removal there are two cases:
1) If you want to do the same spot editing for the whole sequence, do it on the first frame when editing the keyframe at the beginning of the workflow, LRT will then bring those corrections to the whole sequence when doing the auto transitions.
2) If you want to selectively correct spots on some images, do it at the end of the workflow, before exporting. You can then use the Lightroom "Sync" function but make sure to select only the spot-removal tool for sync.

For the Adjustment Brush: Adobe only allows a certain amount of "Brush data" in the XMP files. If you brush too much (one stroke that is too complex), you will get lots of data that will most likely not be recorded completely into XMP. Unfortunately there is no way to know how much you can brush. So keep it simple.
LRTimelapse supports 2 different Brushstrokes, so try to use only those.
For Timelapse I'd recommend to try to avoid to brush as much as you can and use Circular and linear gradients instead, since brushes will slow down performance considerably too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: