• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spot removal on panning timelapse using lrt4 and LR cc

#1 stan84
I recently shot a sequence which pans across a port.  When I came to edit I discovered that there was a couple of water spots on my lens that are visible on all the shots. These are easy to remove on one image using spot removal in LR but when you sync all the keyframes and look at the them the spot that I removed is still set in right place but where it samples from is no longer correct as the scene in the image has shifted in the pan.  So you're left with random spot made up of the wrong area to clone from.

Is there a workflow that allows you to get all the other frames to resample the spot removal appropriate to the that individual image?  Or will have to go through all 1700 images and manually do this?

Cheers.
#2 Gunther
From my experience you can't fix this entirely with Lightroom. As soon as there is movement in the area where the spot it, you will see it in the final clip, no matter what you do. It's the same if you have clouds moving over such a spot that you stamped, it's always visible.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ridindave
I guess Stan experienced more than a spot revealed from time to time, based on its fill, but a spot that is fill with a different part from one image to the other, if he did this in LR.

Spot removal in LR looks around to find similar value that surround the spot to be covered. Copying the spot params from one frame to another just copies the spot location, but automatic "lookaround" will happen on each photo, independently of previous frames. So it's pretty normal you get random results. The only reliable way is to spot the whole sequence at once, in an later step, but as Gunther has stated : there's still a risk the trick becomes visible as fill in changes over time. Anyway, using spot removal in LR for sequential images is a tool to carefully avoid.

...also check out: