• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spot removal tool?

#1 GeorgMohr
Hello community,
these are my first steps with LRTimeLaps and I am sure you can help me.
I watched Gunthers Tutorials, but I was not able to find out if it is possible to use the Spot Removal Tool or not.
My problems are actually two dark sensor spots, which i cant remove. (you can see them at the attached picture).
Or what option do i have to remove them from the frames?

Thanks all for your support.

Greetings,
Georg
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I think this will be hard to fix, since it's so big.
Stamping/Cloning on Time lapse sequences is generally not easiliy done, mostly you will see it.
Check out this faq for the usage of the clone tool with LRTimelapse:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Generally you have 2 options:
1) Clone on the first image: LRTimelapse's Auto Transition will then bring this to all other images
2) Clone at the very end of the process - this will allow you to clone individually, but then you have to do all images manually.

Fazit: better clean your sensor :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 GeorgMohr
Thanks for your fast reply,
yeah sensor will be cleaned asap but the sequence is already shot.
It is very good to know, that the Auto-Transition brings the spot removal to all images.
I did it at the very end of the process with syncing all images. it worked fine for me. I will try the Auto-Transition next time.
Thank you!
#4 stefgodin
when you have finish LRT process, just go in lightroom and read metadata from files.
Then, choose one image, use the removal spot and synchronise it with all similar images.
If it is not possible for all, do it manually because removal spot can choose a bad source for cloning...
When it is finish, export your files from lightroom in tiff or jpeg and create your film
with your favorite software...
It is the best way I found...
#5 Julian Elliott
As someone who does this all the time as a job I would highly suggest that you go through each individual image in Lightroom cloning out the spot/ s.

The job is tedious but if you apply patience then you will be rewarded. Yes, it's annoying but it's the only real way of doing it.
#6 r_adams
(2016-08-29, 10:51)gwegner Wrote: I think this will be hard to fix, since it's so big.
Stamping/Cloning on Time lapse sequences is generally not easiliy done, mostly you will see it.
Check out this faq for the usage of the clone tool with LRTimelapse:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Generally you have 2 options:
1) Clone on the first image: LRTimelapse's Auto Transition will then bring this to all other images
2) Clone at the very end of the process - this will allow you to clone individually, but then you have to do all images manually.

Fazit: better clean your sensor :-)

Hi Gunther, I have corrected all the individual spots on 900 images after the LRT process but prior to exporting the Jpegs for the creation of the movie. Now I have been asked to change the split toning and a couple of other things. If there are no spot removal corrections on the first frame, will all my "spotting" remain intact if I run the LRT process again? Could I remove the spot corrections from the first frame, and/or all keyframes? I would hate to have to do all that spotting again. ;-( Thank you.
#7 Gunther
I'm afraid, if you apply the auto transition, the spot removal will be equilized.
Make sure to save a snapshot first in LRTimelapse, this will allow you to go back to the current state at any time. Then make the keyframe adjustments in Lightroom, save metadata for those. Now in LRTimelapse select only the columns of the tools that you changed (right mouse on column header), the apply auto transition. This will leave the others alone (but I'm not 100% sure about the spot removal. Please try and let me know.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 r_adams
(2017-06-11, 03:53)gwegner Wrote: I'm afraid, if you apply the auto transition, the spot removal will be equilized.
Make sure to save a snapshot first in LRTimelapse, this will allow you to go back to the current state at any time. Then make the keyframe adjustments in Lightroom, save metadata for those. Now in LRTimelapse select only the columns of the tools that you changed (right mouse on column header), the apply auto transition. This will leave the others alone (but I'm not 100% sure about the spot removal. Please try and let me know.

Mobile via Tapatalk.

I didn't know you could select which parameters to be synced by highlighting the columns. I'll try this and let you know. Thank you very much.

...also check out: