• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Star time lapse

#1 apsphoto
Hi all,

I am still very much a rookie when it comes to making time lapse videos, but here is something recent. Shot in raw from 3 different cameras all on the same night, and processed in Lightroom and LR-Timelapse. And the sequence videos were assembled in Premiere Pro, this was actually my first attempt at Premiere Pro video editing. I had used Premiere elements for one other. I also made some mistakes while shooting this, but I have learned a lot. The last sequences were also using a DP dolly.
[Video: http://vimeo.com/20973467]

Feel free to make comments and suggestions. Hope it is at least somewhat watchable.
Thanks for looking,
Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA. USA
#2 Chris
(2011-03-18, 06:07)apsphoto Wrote: I am still very much a rookie when it comes to making time lapse videos, but here is something recent. Shot in raw from 3 different cameras all on the same night, and for looking,

This is a nice video. And I like especially the last part, where the stars are clearly visible.

Christian
#3 Gunther
Allan, these shots are great. I especially like the fisheye sequence!

Did you use a heater to prevent moisture on your lenses?

Another thing: there is kind of stuttering in the movie, you can see it clearly in the beginning and in the end titles. Did you doublecheck the framerates of the time lapse sequences vs. the premiere settings and movie export settings?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 apsphoto
Thanks Christian.

Gunther,
I did not need a heater, the dew point is quite low there, it is high desert, there is some dew issues at times but usually not a problem, it was cold however. :-)

Thanks for the tip about checking the settings, I just used the default output preset for vimeo in adobe encoder, I will check it and I am sure I that is what it is, the movie frames were all 24fps and now that I am thinking about it I remember it said it was outputting 30fps. So thanks I will redo it and reupload over the weekend.

I really like LR-Timelapse and have another video to post soon, that has a day to night to day sequence that turned out quite well.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA. USA
#5 Gunther
I'm really looking forward to see it!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: