• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Step by step Moving to new computer or working on two computers

#1 dklmaui
Need some guidance on moving LRTimelapse to a new or working on a second computer - perhaps with a USB drive. Where are the metadata files located? Are they stored within the Adobe Lightroom catalog, with the pictures, or elsewhere? Are there any key steps to make sure you can revisit and refine previously edited picture sets? Is it possible to sync these with cloud services such as Dropbox? Thanking Gunther or whomever in advance!
#2 Gunther
To move LRTimelapse itself, just install it on the second computer and activate your license key there.

To move a timelapse sequence: put the whole folder with the timelapse on a thumbdrive, dropbox or whatever. Load it on the second computer and you will be able to continue where you left off - all previews etc. will be preserved.
To bring the sequence into the Lightroom of the second computer, just use the "Drag to Lightroom" feature as usually.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dklmaui
That helps tremendously. That confirms the only place the key LRTimelapse data is stored is in the folder with the original raw files. I see them there on my PC, they have an .xmp extension.

Thank you!
#4 Gunther
There's a hidden .lrt folder also inside every timelapse folder, which holds additional settings and the preview cache.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 dklmaui
Ok, I see that there too. Thanks again!

...also check out: