• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still flicker after LRTimelapse

#1 Haugen
I have several short timelapses which I took both in burst mode and with some seconds interval. All timelapses have flickers even though I shoot in manual mode, same settings and same condition. There is actually different exposures. I ran it throug LRTimelapse, but there is still flicker. It didn't fix the flickers. 

First of all, I have no idea why there was flicker, and second of all, why won't LRTimelapse fix these small exposure differences? To bad I can't insert an image, I would have shown you a screenshot from LRTimelapse.
#2 Gunther
Please attach a screenshot. There is an option when replying.
What do you mean with “there are different exposures?“

Did you set a reference area for flickering and apply one or more refine steps?

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Haugen
(2017-04-11, 23:54)gwegner Wrote: Please attach a screenshot. There is an option when replying.
What do you mean with “there are different exposures?“

Did you set a reference area for flickering and apply one or more refine steps?

sent mobile via tapatalk...

I have some mechanical inconsistencies that gives me some small changes in exposure. Some images turn darker og brighter than the other. Easy to notice in a time-lapse. I, or LRTimelapse is have some trouble correcting these minor differences. They are small, but they are often many - and therefore rather easy to spot. Since there are small differences theres is no keyframes, so I just hope LRT will match the exposure - which I thought would be easy. But LRT won't. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

I applied a reference area in the sky in another time-lapse (not the one in the attached image) because of some cars driving in front of the lense making the image darker. But it didn't work. 

As you can see, there are obvious differences in exposure, but I can't get LRT to adjust the exposure.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
This seems to be oridinary flicker, that LRTimelapse normally can remove easily. But maybe you edited too much in Lightroom, especially with non-linear tools like dehaze or clarity then Lightroom might introduce contrast flicker that you cannot remove.
Try initializing the sequence and just apply deflicker without any editing, you'll see that LRTimelapse will most likeley be able to remove it entirely. You can apply the Deflicker multiple times in LRT, if one time does not deliver a smooth pink curve. After the visual perviews have been generated, just click on deflicker again and then on refine. Save. Wait for the preivews being redone.
Then edit the keyframes again. Here are some tipps, how to deal with the Lightroom tools:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
#5 Haugen
(2017-04-12, 09:31)gwegner Wrote: This seems to be oridinary flicker, that LRTimelapse normally can remove easily. But maybe you edited too much in Lightroom, especially with non-linear tools like dehaze or clarity then Lightroom might introduce contrast flicker that you cannot remove.
Try initializing the sequence and just apply deflicker without any editing, you'll see that LRTimelapse will most likeley be able to remove it entirely. You can apply the Deflicker multiple times in LRT, if one time does not deliver a smooth pink curve. After the visual perviews have been generated, just click on deflicker again and then on refine. Save. Wait for the preivews being redone.
Then edit the keyframes again. Here are some tipps, how to deal with the Lightroom tools:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

I'll try without editing, but I do want to edit my images. But I might do it after deflicker. I have now done some deflicker. Refining the whole images, parts of it, smoothing etc. And I'm 90% happy. I couldn't see the deflicker in LRT, but after importing and stabilizing in After Effects it was much easier to notice deflicker.
#6 Gunther
Quote:I'll try without editing, but I do want to edit my images.

Sure you can edit your images. I was only saying that too heavy editing and some tools in Lightroom might introduce flicker and trying to help you how to avoid this.

[quote pid='32702' dateline='1491980900']
I couldn't see the deflicker in LRT, but after importing and stabilizing in After Effects it was much easier to notice deflicker.
[/quote]

Are you talking about flicker or "deflicker". I assume "flicker".
So you saw the flicker only after stabilizing in After Effects and not after exporting from LRTimelapse? So maybe you introduced in After Effects?
#7 Haugen
(2017-04-12, 10:37)gwegner Wrote:
Quote:I'll try without editing, but I do want to edit my images.

Sure you can edit your images. I was only saying that too heavy editing and some tools in Lightroom might introduce flicker and trying to help you how to avoid this.

[quote pid='32702' dateline='1491980900']
I couldn't see the deflicker in LRT, but after importing and stabilizing in After Effects it was much easier to notice deflicker.

Are you talking about flicker or "deflicker". I assume "flicker".
So you saw the flicker only after stabilizing in After Effects and not after exporting from LRTimelapse? So maybe you introduced in After Effects?
[/quote]

I mean, I didn't see the flicker in preview, but when importing in AE it was easy to see the flicker. I just imported the sequence. Didn't do anything to the sequence, so AE didn't introduce any flicker. 

But the problem is that I the tiny small flickering won't disappear. LRT is not able to remove the flicker. 
LRT creates only one keyframe. I edit it in Lightroom, reload in LRT, auto transition, save and visual preview. Still flickering. The visual deflicker and save. Still flicker. I don't know why it wont't remove the flicker.
#8 Gunther
Please do one or two deflicker refine steps then render with LRTimelapse and playback with a video player, do you still see flicker?

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#9 Haugen
(2017-05-06, 20:02)gwegner Wrote: Please do one or two deflicker refine steps then render with LRTimelapse and playback with a video player, do you still see flicker?

Mobile via Tapatalk.

Yep! No matter where I refine area, there are flickering. 

Tried another timelapse sequence. 1 second intervall, manual mode. There are somewhat less flickering after LRT, but still way to much!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#10 Gunther
Why don't you use the visual workflow? Visual deflicker will deliver much better results and you can use “refine“ (that's not the reference area). Check out my tutorials!

Mobile via Tapatalk.

...also check out: