• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still flicking after several passes of deflicker

#1 Limumark
I’m running the latest version of the software. Yesterday I shot a stormy sky on my Nikon d5100. Manual settings. Locked iso, manual focus, aperture of 11. Toward the end of the sequence in the middle of the frame of the rendered video, there are sporadic flickers in a round pattern.  I see it in preview mode in LRTimelapse too.

I’ve run visual preview a second time and then applied deflicker and refine at least 3 times. The smooth is set at 30 but I can see no change.
Any idea what may be going on here?  There isn’t a dramatic change in the lighting, and no changes to the camera during the 600 exposures on an 8 sec interval.
#2 Gunther
Without seeing it it's quite impossible to advise.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Limumark
https://youtu.be/JOOBVw06tQY

Here is a link for the video. Sorry, I thought I had included it earlier.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#4 Limumark
Were you able to see the video? What do you think is causing that flicker? Can I fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#5 Gunther
Looks like a kind of vignetting, I'm not really sure what causes it. Maybe it's a very strong aperture flicker, where the Vignetting changes due to the different aperture. Try setting a lens correction to the whole sequence and export again. Put the reference area for deflickering to the center of the frame, where you see the flicker.
The LRTimelapse deflicker workes based on exposure, so it can only remove flicker that is equally distributed on the whole frame (which is the case in 99,9%) - if you have only parts of the frame flickering, you'll most likely introduce flicker in the other parts.
Rendering with Motiuon Blur Plus activated might help a bit also.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: