• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Strange behavior in LR Timelapse 5.08?

#1 slabkoff
Gunther (or anyone who can help):
I've got a strange behavior w/ LR TL going on. I shot a sequence yesterday - Holy Grail - and was trying to process it. My keyframes do not appear to be being used for doing the transitions using "AutoTransitions". There are spikes in the luminosity or dips that are not being dealt with - causing great flicker. These are RAW files from a Nikon D750. The luminosity seems to dip or peak for the keyframes and then goes back to normal. I will send two clips / screen shots to show what's happening. I've processed and reprocessed. Only thing I have not done was to erase the data and start over from scratch... it's odd from my POV.

Any ideas?

This was created using the standard workflow - picked keyframes (this clip generated about 10 for some reason - then it processed the tweening fine EXCEPT for the keyframe values...

Note the list of file names going down on the right - and the luminosity values of the highlighted frame...

Have you got any ideas?

Steve
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi Steve,
I can only guess - but mostly this happens, if you delete gradients or add new ones when editing the keyframes.
I'd suggest you start over with "Metadata Initialize" in LRTimelapse and remove the sequence from Lightroom.
Then do the workflow again. Make sure to use only the provided gradients.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 slabkoff
I did use gradients, but they were all started from existing LRT gradients. I did not add any... I'll erase and start from scratch... sigh. Thanks for the quick reply.
#4 Gunther
Yes, please follow the instructions carefully, use the visual workflow: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/visual-workflow/
#5 Scott Herder
I am having this same issue. Have not used any gradients. I've done the workflow probably a hundred times before and never run into this issue until 5.0.7. I then updated to 5.0.8, initialized, and re-did the sequence and still got the same issue.

Basically only my LRT 4 keyframes look the way I want, everything else is either wayyyy to bright, way to dark, or not even edited. It's really strange.
#6 Gunther
Nothing significantly changed in 5.0.8.

If you get errors like that, something went wrong in the workflow. Maybe you forgot a step.

Please start over: remove the sequence from Lightroom, and in Lrtimelapse start with metadata /initialize.

Check the instructions or tutorials if in doubt.
#7 Scott Herder
Crazy, removed it from lightroom and then redid it and no issues. I must have been in a hurry and done something wrong in the first run. Sorry for taking up your time, and thanks for the help.
#8 Fotomel
I confirm this issue. Gradiends left intact. Workflow EXACTLY the same as in the previous version.

Temporary solution is to exit LRT just before export in Lightroom or to select "Full sequence" in LR right after writing keyframes metadata to files.

BTW - hello to everyone, it's my first post here.

-- M.
#9 Gunther
Sorry, I don't understand your problem and your 'solution' does not make any sense to me. Please do a clean restart, follow my instructions on the instructions page and if you encounter any problems, please describe exactly what you did and what happened.
#10 Fotomel
Gunther, I'll make a screen video soon to show the problem.

-- M.

...also check out: