• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Strange curves in LRT from qddb

#1 BenyC90
Hi,

I have had my first successful day to night ramp using qddb. When I import the RAW files into LRT I get some strange curves (photos attached). Can someone please explain to me why there is the massive drop in the orange curve?

I understand the blue curve is the luminance/luminosity. Is the orange curve basically supposed to be the opposite of the luminance? The preiew window shows that the picture went quite dark, however viewing the JPEGs on the camera screen they don't look that dark. When doing the transitions in LRT it all seems to look ok and not go that dark.

I forgot to change the white balance to be constant, if that matters. It was on auto.

After I tried to 'drag to lightroom' I realised that I hadn't converted my .RAW files to .DNG. I then did so, and when I loaded the .DNG files into LRT there was a distinct change in the colours. Any idea why this would be?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Beny
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
It seems that you are still on LRTimelapse 4. Please upgrade to 5. Holy Grail Wizard in LRT5 handles such close "holy grail" camera adjustments much better. But still, it's recommended to leave 2-3 images between each adjustment. qDslrDashboard by default is set to do so, and I recommend to not change that.
Also you shouldn't convert your Raws to DNG. Just work with the original Raws, it's better and faster.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 BenyC90
Thanks Gunther.

I understand from your reply that the strange curve is because I have made qDDB adjust after every second photo? Why would this be an issue, shouldn't it be more accurate?

I will upgrade to LRT 5 when I am able. I will also upgrade my Lightroom soon, as my version doesn't recognise the .RAW files from my Z6, hence why I converted to .DNG.

Out if interest, are you planning on a LRT 6 release? If so, any idea if the timeframe?

Thanks again.
#4 Gunther
Please feel free to try a 400 image part of that sequence with the free version of LRT5 and you'll see the difference.

Currently there are no plans for LRT6 and also there have always been generous transition times. No need to stay with LRT4, which is out of support.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: