• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sub one second interval

#1 cmarentis
Need some help guys. When shooting with the LRT Pro Timer 2.5 and an interval of less than a second, LRTimelapse doesn't know which frame comes first if both appear with exactly the same time making the sequence al jumpy. I know its probly Sony's fault because the numbering appears all out sequence, but is there a workaround for this? Also, can we have the interval displayed with a decimal point?
TIA.
#2 Gunther
Unfortunately the cameras write their recording time in exifdata only in full seconds. There is no way for LRTimelapse or any other program to know about shorter intervals, since the cameras just don't provide that information.
Normally, LRTimelapse renames the images to Date/Timer_Original-Filename. Normally the original filenames should be ascending in alphabetical order.
LRTimelapse should then be sorting by Date/Time in the first instance and alphabetical order in the second.
That's why I don't really understand why you are having those problems.
Could you please provide a screenshot of the table in LRTimelapse where I could see the filenames and Date/Time column?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bobu
Sadly Sony camera doesn't use the sub-second EXIF field. Therefore even if LRT would show the intervals with a decimal point (which would be nice for other cameras) it won't help with Sony cameras.

But, when I use a 0.5 seconds interval with the PRO Timer on my Sony camera, my sequence is still in the right order in LRT.

What do you mean by "numbering appears all out sequence"?
#4 cmarentis
wow... that was fast. Thanks. The software is doing its job, as it correctly sequences by time and then by name, but the file numbers appear in disorder... maybe its the lightroom importer? or the settings im using during import? Here is part of the sequence.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwnuyq8pch2smon/LRT.JPG?dl=0
#5 cmarentis
oh, and I just wanted the decimal point in the interval to remember what I used. Useful to know what worked and what didn't.
#6 Bobu
But if the camera writes not sub-second information in the EXIF, there would be no additional info in LRT even if it would show the decimal point. Or maybe I didn't understand your point.

Regarding your sequence: no idea why it is in the wrong order. Have you tried the same sequence without renaming the files? Did you get the same results?
#7 cmarentis
I know it wont make a difference with the camera or sequence, its just that I want to remember the interval I used, that's all.
Good idea, I will try re importing the sequence without renaming it.
#8 Bobu
But with your sequence (and your camera) this would look like this:

Would this really help?
#9 Gunther
You should use the LRTimelapse importer instead and check "rename files". Your camera only writes numbers up to 999,that means you might get trouble when it jumps from 999 to 000.

To rename an existing sequence, press F2 in Lrtimelapse after loading the sequence and do the renaming.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#10 cmarentis
Sad card has been formatted. Next time maybe.

...also check out: