• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions for smooth panning with holy grail (or lots of keyframes)

#1 TahoeSux
Do you have any suggestions for smooth Ken Burns type panning when working with lots of keyframes? Pan/Zoom cropping work great with 2-3 keyframes (stable light source), but I get unexpected results with many keyframes. I am having trouble in lining up cropping for smooth panning when working with unevenly spaced keyframes (Holy Grail exposure changes).

I have a set start point and set end point for my panning, but don't have evenly spaced keyframes using the holy grail method. I may have some pretty closely spaced keyframes for rapidly changing light (exposure changes). I've made a few attempts at this, but if I only crop the first and last, I get Ken Burns movement only between the last and second-to-last keyframes. (For the record I'm not adjusting cropping between 2-star 3-star keyframes.)

Ideally, I'd like the option of cropping only the first and last keyframe and having LRT animate cropping between first and last and ignore middle (holy grail) keyframes).

Thank You!
#3 TahoeSux
Perfect! Thank you. I'll try it tonight.

Many of the questions seem to be about using LR and LRT workflow to get what you want. Seems like you have many hours of trial and error invested in getting the results you want. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

...also check out: