• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunrise Post Processing

#21 Willyao814
Hi Gwegner! First of all i'd like to thank you for all the effort you make for all timelapse photographers! LRT is a great software that perfectly solves many of my problems i had before, but im still quite new to the software, and i am having a little confusion...

I do a lot of day to night&vice versa transition clips, and i only use the deflicker workflow which i think does the same thing compare to the HG workflow, since they they all smooth out the exposure bumps... but there gotta be a good reason for developer to have a extra HG tab, am i missing something?
#22 Gunther
Deflicker will work basing on the previews and is meant to be used for flickering only.
If you are using the Holy Grail approach (see my tutorial) where you have discrete changes of exposure/iso, you should use the holy grail workflow, it will level those "jumps" in exposure better then deflicker does.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Wink
#23 Willyao814
Thanks for the reply! Still a bit confused on how those two functions vary from each other, i'll give some of my failed shots a retouch with the overlooked HG workflow first before asking any more questions =P
Thanks!
#24 Gunther
Like I said, the HG Wizard will use Exif Data for compensation, the Deflicker will visually analyze previews.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#25 Willyao814
Oh there i see, sorry! Exif data vs Preview, much more accurate result imo!
Thanks for the reply, cheers! =)

...also check out: