• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunset Holy Grail - Blooming Problem

#1 Pretender
Hi All

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere - please direct me there if so.  Whilst I have done a few sunsets now I am still very green.  I came across a problem the other day that I have not encountered before - and am having difficulty determining the reason.
I have attached 2 keyframe photos from the sequence.  The first was shot at 1/2 sec, the second at 1 second.  LRT has done its thing and has corrected the exposure adjustment to ensure smooth exposure transition but in the process has created a significant bloom in the shot which is supposed to be marginally darker.  This problem has occurred at each keyframe transition.  The only thing I can think of is that the exposure adjustment during the shooting was too great - but then this was not a huge adjustment and is not dissimilar to other adjustments I have made in previous sequences - three clicks to to the left on exposure time. The sequence was directly at the sun in a cloudless sky - is the subject matter the problem?  Any thoughts would be appreciated. One more thing - there is no other adjustment on the photo - just exposure adjustment as per LRT.  Also all processing was done with RAW shots.

I am hoping it is just something simple that I have completely overlooked . . .

Thanks in advance
#2 Gunther
The highlights are blown (overexposed) after the adjustment.
You should take care to not over expose (adjust later) and to make smaller adjustments (adjust less, 1/3 stops) for such sequences.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: