• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Support for HDR Tiff and DNG files

#21 Holy_13
that doesn't really make sense... i would lose so much dynamic range by converting to an LDR-Format like JPEG... no use for an HDR sequence then...
#22 Gunther
No, as long as you convert the single images after properly processing them it should be fine, you have more than enough DR when shooting HDR properly. Even with JPGs as single files.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#23 MJSfoto1956
I would urge you to reconsider enabling TIFF support. My workflow includes Photomatix as a key component which does NOT support DNG, thus I have to convert back and forth multiple times when going from LRTL, LR, PM. A real pain is the a$$ !

Anyway, if it is possible to add the TIFF library, it would be a real help.

Thanks for all you've done to date!

Michael
#24 snahl
Hi Günther,

I second the request by 'MJSfoto1956' to also support TIFF (see below).

We do need TIFF support for the following - among many other good reason(s):
With Lightroom v4.x we now have ACR7.4 which is pretty good - but not (yet?) good enough for some RAW formats like Nikon NEF (especially when it comes to abberation artefacts).
Interestingly LRTimelapse supports Nikon NEF (which is basically TIFF) but LRTimelapse excludes TIFF.

Many in the guilde of NEF perfectionists do NOT use the ACR to convert their RAW (NEF) files instead they stick to Nikons somewhat clumbsy Capture NX2 to obtain the best quality TIFFs out of their RAWs (NEF).
So for creating 3K or 4K sequences we do need more flexibility to be able to use the converter to our liking.
All of them RAW-converters output TIFF and that's great because it is the widest spread image format that can be read by almost any application - except a few. I really hope that LRTL2 will join this broad base.

A few posts earlier, you say:
(2012-12-28, 12:08)gwegner Wrote: ... as long as you convert the single images after properly processing them it should be fine, you have more than enough DR when shooting HDR properly. Even with JPGs as single files.
Well that is rubbish. No doubt you are the undisputed expert in creating Software that outputs fantastic LRTimelapse sequences (thank you), but your statement above regarding JPGs does not qualify to be taken seriously, sorry.

(2013-04-13, 23:01)MJSfoto1956 Wrote: I would urge you to reconsider enabling TIFF support. My workflow includes Photomatix as a key component which does NOT support DNG, thus I have to convert back and forth multiple times when going from LRTL, LR, PM. A real pain is the a$$ !
Michael

Greetings, Hans.
Dig-IT-all
#25 Mish
If every TIFF can be converted to DNG, then why don't you do it on the fly or whatever?

Instead I see an LRT Export to TIFF from Lightroom that you cannot use.

Then I try a DNG converter and it cannot convert to TIFF

Then I cannot even get my main export window in lightroom back because you hijacked it.

So many requests for you to support TIFF then your lightroom allows a TIFF download you cannot even handle!

...also check out: