• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sydney Festival 40th Anniversary

#1 FilippoRivetti
One of my recent project, a tilt-shift timelapse, produced for the 40th anniversary of the Sydney Festival:

[Video: https://vimeo.com/138028365]
#2 richparry
Excellent time lapse and creative. The zoom in/out transitions are nicely done.
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 FilippoRivetti
(2015-09-02, 10:28)richparry Wrote: Excellent time lapse and creative. The zoom in/out transitions are nicely done.

Thanks Rich
#4 richparry
I assume you used a zoom lens and manually zoomed by twisting the zoom ring on the lens. If I am correct, there is a chance the camera would move so I wonder if you had to stabilize the video.

I plan to duplicate your zoom in/out effect but thought I would ask if you had any suggestions before I start.

Thanks,
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#5 DeanAZ
What a superb effort. You really showcased the event. Nice work.
#6 FilippoRivetti
Thanks again guys, Sydney Festival it's an amazing event and I was happy to be part of it!

Rich: there has been no touching the zoom ring, too complicate and not worth it manually (ok with a zoom motor, but too complicated for what I was doing).
The zooms are done in post production by linking together different sequences shot at different focal length (most of the time one camera with a 16-35mm and another with a 70-200mm).
#7 richparry
Thanks for reply, that is interesting. I might just it it a try.
#8 yannick_c
Very nice video. I really like the zoom transitions, very well done and smooth.

...also check out: