• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synchronization between Slider One with NMX and qDslrDashboard

#1 josemabcn
Hi,

Greetings to all members of this forum.

I'm new in time lapses, and I'm planning to buy a Stage One slider with NMX controller and use the qDslrDashboard as advanced intervalometer. Reading the post about this question and the Gunther tutorial (“True Holy Grail” – 3-way auto ramping for time lapse transitions) I think that there is two possibilities:

1. The camera trigger the slider through camera flash sync port. But in this case the slider can starts the motion with the camera shutter open. Then I need to configure a delay in the slider. But in a day to nicght transition, on day the shutter can be open msec or a few seconds, but at nicght the shutter can be open 30 seconds (for a adequate stars or Milky Way capture). Then this delay is not the same...
  2. The slider control the camera shutter release and qDslrDashboard only control the shutter speed and ISO, and wait to a new picture from the camera.

What is the better solution?, I think that the second one, but then how can configure this option in qDslrDashboard ?.

Thanks,

Jose
#2 Gunther
1) you can always set the delay to the end of the interval, so if you are not ramping the interval it does not matter. Apart from that, I find that even moving the slider during exposure is fine, the maximum you get is a bit of motion blur in the foreground if you have a system that's stable. The motion blur is not a bad effect at all.
2) is okay as well, but won't work with the scenario I described in the "true holy grail" tutorial, because you won't be able to trigger the camera externally anymore, once it's in that liveview/aperture lock state. But this certainly depends from your camera.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 josemabcn
(2015-04-24, 09:52)gwegner Wrote: 1) you can always set the delay to the end of the interval, so if you are not ramping the interval it does not matter. Apart from that, I find that even moving the slider during exposure is fine, the maximum you get is a bit of motion blur in the foreground if you have a system that's stable. The motion blur is not a bad effect at all.
2) is okay as well, but won't work with the scenario I described in the "true holy grail" tutorial, because you won't be able to trigger the camera externally anymore, once it's in that liveview/aperture lock state. But this certainly depends from your camera.

Ghunter, I test my Canon 6D in liiveview mode, and with a cable release I can shoot the camera..., but I don't understand how to confgire the qDslr for the option 2.... Can you help me about this?

Jose
#4 Gunther
It does not make sense to shoot the canon in LV mode, since it will close and open the aperture anyway. You can just shoot it in regular mode. Best use lens with manual aperture ring, and adapter Nikon lens or shoot wide open.
Then you can just use the NMX to trigger the camera. And qDDB to set the camera settings for HG.
#5 josemabcn
(2015-04-25, 00:30)gwegner Wrote: It does not make sense to shoot the canon in LV mode, since it will close and open the aperture anyway. You can just shoot it in regular mode. Best use lens with manual aperture ring, and adapter Nikon lens or shoot wide open.
Then you can just use the NMX to trigger the camera. And qDDB to set the camera settings for HG.

Gunther, but then if I done the start buton in the intervalometre os qDslr the are two triggners for the cam, form the slider and from the qDslr. Or if don't press the button Start in qDslr the function holy grail of qDslr works also? Sorry for this questions but is difficult for me to understund the functionallity....

And thanks a lot for your replies...

Jose
#6 Gunther
If you use the qDDB intervalometer, you have to put the NMX into Slave mode (triple click bue button) that it wont release the camera but react on triggers from the Aux port. You connect a flash sync cable to the aux port and each trigger from qDDB will then trigger the slider.
It's all explained here: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/true-hol...o-ramping/
Check out the online manual for the NMX as well, there is a description for the slave mode somewhere.

...also check out: