• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Syrp Genie und Syrp Genie Mini2

#1 website-studio
Weiß jemand wie sich der Syrp Genie also der erste Liniear mit dem Syrp Genie Mini II verbinden lässt?
Der allte wurde ja mit den Genie Minis über ein Kabel mit zwei Klinkensteckern verbunden, am neuen ist ja kein Steckplatz mehr für den runden Stecker, nur noch MINI USB.
Danke
Mike
#2 karlgrabherr
Hallo Mike,

ich habe noch den alten Genie und auch den alten Genie Mini und da geht es, wie Du schon sagst, mit dem Sync-Kabel. Ich wusste gar nicht, dass der Genie Mini II den Klinkenanschluss nicht mehr hat. Vielleicht kannst Du ja direkt bei Syrp anfragen, die helfen Dir sicher weiter.

Viele Grüße
Karl
#3 karlgrabherr
Hallo Mike,

ich habe gerade in einem anderen Beitrag hier einen interessanten Link gefunden. Das dürfte Deine Frage beantworten:

https://support.syrp.co.nz/hc/en-us/arti...patibility

Viele Grüße
Karl
#4 website-studio
Super, danke, das hat echt geholfen, zum Glück habe ich die Mini 1 nicht verkauft.
Mike
#5 Uroll
Hey guys. My german is not so good so I am writing in english. How many of you are using Syrp sliders and are you satisfied with the gear.

I am battling with their gear all the time. I am using Genie II linear and 2x Genie Mini II. It happens to me allot that one of the Genie dies in middle of the time lapse session and I can not reset it. I need to go home and connect it to the charger in order to reset the device.

Today I was experiencing again some anomalies. I connected my Sony a6000 to Genie II linear by trigger cable, and a couple of minutes into the time lapse Genie II linear stoped triggering the camera. The system was still moving along the preset keyframes, but the camera was not triggering. I had to connect the trigger cable to one of Genie Mini II to continue with triggering (missing approx 1:30 min movement in between). After the movement ended I had to take out the battery of Genie II linear in order to reset the device.

Later when setting the second time lapse the device was missing triggering intervals. I set the interval to 3s and exposure to 0.4", but when I imported the photos with LRTimelapse I noticed that besides a couple of exceptions the triggering interval was 6s, so instead of ending up with 400 photos I ended up with 268 photos.

Also often the system stops working when exposed to lower temperatures. I am talking -2 to 5 degrees Celsius.

All devices firmware is up-to-date. Does anyone have the similar experience with Syrp gear? If yes how did you solve the problem?
#6 Lukjonis
Hi, I see this is an old comment, but I had similar problems. After many fails, tries and reinstall of updates I noticed it works much better now. Also make sure to trigger camera with the right cable and prepare camera for timelapse (turn off everything that makes camera work and think longer). In my experience sometimes wrong cable can stop Syrp device working or triggering camera.

...also check out: