• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 jkochuni
Is there a general rule of thumb on rotation distance and time? Is 30 degrees a good rotation over two hours? I know that it will vary given the interval between captures, and FPS of the final time-lapse. Just trying to find a general guide. Thanks in advance.
#2 Gunther
The rule of thumb is make the rotation as little as possible, as slow as possible. Most rotations are too fast and look awkward.
The only thing that matters is the number of images and the degree of the rotation. So make enough images and use a small degree only.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 wco81
So what are good typical capture times, duration of time lapse, interval and rotation?

I've shot some on the go by using 2 or 3 second intervals, capturing for 20-40 minutes and getting 30-60 second time lapses out of them. Pretty sure I was also using 50-100 degrees.

So the panning is probably too fast but I was usually at these panoramic locations and there were a lot of people around. Mainly trying to capture landscapes, movement in the distance (planes, boats, clouds). Of course people walked in front of the camera several times.

But was using a travel tripod and Genie Mini so these were first attempts at motion time lapses.

I guess I'll play around with limiting the angle of rotation.

...also check out: