• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Template for 60fps

#1 gisguy
Hello,

First off, I love this software. My old way of creating time lapse videos was to shoot the frames and combine using Quicktime. This allows so much more creativity, I am experimenting with pan and zoom in the time lapses and also have done a few tilt-shift fakes. Awesome!

I have some very large time lapse data sets that span 12+ hours, the resulting video comes in around 5 mins long (using the 30fps templates). My goal was to shorten the video to half that so I figured if I could double the frame rate that should half the time. I attempted to copy the 30fps slideshow and video template and then edit the parameters to get a 60fps template but failed. Can we get some documentation on how to make our own templates? Or maybe I am missing something, is there a better way for me to shorten the video's length while using all my images?

Thanks,

Mike
#2 Gunther
Hello gisguy,
you could remove every 2nd image via "select -> every nth+m" in the contextmenu and then delete those images (make a copy first).
I don't think you will get better results exporting with 60fps, than exporting every 2nd image with 30fps.

I can try to make some 60fps templates if time, but I make no promises. Unfurtunately there is no documentation available from Adobe regarding the templates so for me it's trial and error as well.

Another approach would be to speed up the rendered movies in a video-editing tool.

Best regards
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 gisguy
Thanks for the reply... If you don't think that upping the fps to 60 will work then I won't rely on that to speed up the rendered movie.

I am starting to play with After Effects so I will research speeding up the movie using that software as that will let me keep all the images.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Mike

(2011-07-18, 10:53)gwegner Wrote: Hello gisguy,
you could remove every 2nd image via "select -> every nth+m" in the contextmenu and then delete those images (make a copy first).
I don't think you will get better results exporting with 60fps, than exporting every 2nd image with 30fps.

I can try to make some 60fps templates if time, but I make no promises. Unfurtunately there is no documentation available from Adobe regarding the templates so for me it's trial and error as well.

Another approach would be to speed up the rendered movies in a video-editing tool.

Best regards
Gunther

#4 DLee
"you could remove every 2nd image via "select -> every nth+m" in the contextmenu and then delete those images (make a copy first)."

Hi Gunther, could you elaborate on this a bit? Which program for example? Didn't see this as an option in LR (too bad).

I've found your LRTimelapse because of a job I have coming up. So far it seems like the best software for the job. The job requires a continuous 96 hour time-lapse. I figure I will break it into segments and put them all together in the end.

I'd like to shoot one frame every 15 seconds but that puts the 24fps playback around 16.5 minutes. Too long. I'd like to cut that in half or even quarter it for a short version.

Other than LR Slideshow. What are my playback options for 60/120fps?

Do I take a chance on just shooting 1 frame every 30 seconds? This is work, not play. Would enjoy your perspective on this.

Thanks,

Dennis
#5 Gunther
The select option is in the HDR menu in LRTimelapse!
The other option would be to just push the final sequence into a video editor and accelerate there, that will give you more options.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: