• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 BMSBMS
Hi, I've completed the upload and now testing the unit before moving onto the wiring etc.

I note that not all menu items are available in test mode eg, the left most button has no effect on turning light on/off. Should I be able to change the interval and number of shots in test mode? Or do these items become 'live' once wiring is complete?

I don't want to continue with the build if there is a problem that need rectification first.

Thank you.
#2 Gunther
It's possible in test mode. It seems that you might have used a different display unit, this means you might have to change the values for the buttons in the sketch.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 BMSBMS
I have used the recommended SainSmart display unit and I also have a "clone" display which behaves exactly the same way. Not all menu items are visible and cannot be changed.
#4 Gunther
Maybe this instruction in the German forum helps, use Google translate if necessary. https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kei...4#pid31504

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#5 BMSBMS
Thanks, I've translated and read but will not have a chance to test until tomorrow.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks
#6 BMSBMS
Is it possible the Arduino is defective?

I checked the values of key presses and several were different and these I changed eg
L = 188
U = 53
D = 122

Other key values were same as your program.

The LCD_Keypad_Reader.cpp was edited with new values, compiled and uploaded. I still have same issue.

I welcome any additional advice you can provide.

Thanks
#7 Gunther
Maybe you could try with another Arduino. I'm not an expert with this, sorry, but if you have a different display shield normally the tips from the other thread should help.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#8 BMSBMS
Good news - replaced the Arduino and problem solved. Now to wire it up and put into action.

...also check out: