• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Hague Timelapse / Hyperlapse

Video
#1 Zoeperkoe
Hey all,

Please enjoy my latest project: a timelapse/hyperlapse of The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands after Amsterdam and Rotterdam. As I don't live in The Hague, and didn't know the city so well before I started this project, this was really a great way to get to know the city better and explore it during all seasons (getting all the shots I wanted took 2,5 years and was interrupted by some other smaller projects).

Apart from exploring the city, a very important drive was that I wanted to improve myself both technically and creatively. While a lot of shots are pretty standard hyperlapse/slider shots, there are a few that were a lot more challenging to shoot and involved careful planning, and I am pretty proud of how they turned out. When it comes to editing, it was very critical for me to do something new (new for me, at least), and add more visual flow to the film.

So let me know what you think!

[Video: https://vimeo.com/196049684]
Video
#2 Dale Davis
All I have to say is WOW!!! That was a fantastic timelapse. I have been working at this for a year, and am nowhere as proficient as this wonderful work. Every shot is better than the next.

Have so many questions.  How do you get the panning effect? I only have a 4 foot slider (Dynamic Precision).  What software do you use for zooming in and out? What is your average interval (2,3,4 seconds?) in the crowd shots.

BRAVO!!!

Dale Davis
Miami,Florida
#3 Zoeperkoe
Hey Dale,
Thanks for your kind words!
To answer your questions; the long movements were done with a technique called hyperlapse; look it up and you will find plenty of tutorials. All effects (zooming in/out, some pans, transitions) were done in Adobe After Effects. For shots with people in close range I usually use a 2-3 sec interval with a long shutter speed (1.3, 1.6 sec) to create sufficient motion blur.
Cheers!
Thumbs Up
#4 Scott Herder
Great work, this is a beautiful video. I really love the creative transitions between the shots to make it appear like one take. Well done and thanks for the inpiration.
#5 Zoeperkoe
Thanks Scott!
#6 Olli83
Thats pretty impressive, also like the movement within the timelaps in particular the part where you follow the train!!
#7 TimeLapseDubai
Great video of The Hague!
I used to live there and it is great to see all the familiar places again. The effects are really impressive. I am sure you spent a lot of time taking all the shots.

...also check out: