• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The ultimate computer to produce Timelapse

#1 fotopaulm
What computer system must i buy to work fast with 10000 RAW files.
in Lightroom and LRtimelapse.

Can you advise me a list of the best components, so I do not have to wait hours for development or reading and preview......

PaulM
#2 Gunther
Using a SSD for Lightroom Catalog and the image sequence you work on, will considerably speed things up when editing.
For rendering a fast processor will help.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 fotopaulm
Like this one? € 1300 euro? ex 21% steuer

Processor Intel Core i7-3770K
Aantal processor kernen 4
Cache
L1 4x 64 KB
L2 4x 256 KB
L3 8192 KB
Socket type 1155
Werkgeheugen Omschrijving 16384 MB DDR3
Opslag voorziening 16 GB
Geheugentype DDR3-1600 MHz
Maximaal geheugen 32 GB
Chipset Intel Z77 Express
Interface 6x USB, 2x USB 3.0, 1x PS/2, 6x Audio, 1x RJ-45, 1x DVI-I, 1x DVI-D, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
Harde schijven Type 1 Omschrijving 2,5" SSDCapaciteit 240 GB
Details SATA III Type 2
Capaciteit 3 TB
Details SATA III / 7200rpm / 64MB
Optische Drive Blu-ray-Brander
Kaart lezer CF I, CF II, MD, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, xD, MS, MS PRO, miniSD, RS-MMC, MMCmobile, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo, miniSDHC, microSD, MMCmicro, MS Micro (M2), microSDHC
Grafisch Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Geheugen Vast 2 GB
Netwerk Gigabit-LAN, WLAN (300 Mbit/s)
Voeding uitvoering 600 Watt
Features USB 2.0 WLAN adapter
Besturingssysteem Windows 8 64-Bit (OEM)
Software Nero 10 Essential Suite 2, GDATA AntiVirus 2013
#4 alexnail
This guide should tell you everything you need to know. In general - Fast processor, lots of fast RAM and 2 SSDs, one for the system and the other for the catalogue.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/opti...are_and_OS
#5 TokraCro
I have a question on this subject, or to say it my way how I see things, maybe someone can add some more info and help me out or anyone who will read this

I have GTX 650 TI 1GB MSI grph card and I think its with 300 Cuda cores on it
and 16GB Ram and Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz
as I remember you can use cuda cores in AE/Premier in some functions, but if its not supported by Adobe, there is so called "hack" to enable it. I did that, and I see options there and the problem now is , when can I use it or when will I benefit from that and in what situations ?
any effects and whatever I do in AE, I can never use just preview, since I am working on raw files in AE, and filesizes can be really huge in GB. is there way to use both cpu and gpu in rendering or to speed up rendering ?
Hope I did explain my so called problem good and you can understand my english
#6 Gunther
This is what I built recently http://gwegner.de/blog/mein-neuer-rechne...arbeitung/
It's on German, but you will see the components and might be able to translate the text with Google Translator.
#7 Gunther
@TokraCro You won't be able to play that RAW file sequences in AE no matter what computer you have. You will mostly benefit from a fast processor with a lot of cores in After Effect, when rendering - but you must render with the After Effects engine, not Media Encoder and configure the Processor usage to allow to use multiple processors simutaneously in AE.
The CUDA stuff is not that useful for the TL rendering.
#8 TokraCro
Thanks Gunther for your info. I translated your german site and I got the idea of what you got and that helped alot. I think I will go with another 16GB of ram, since I see my 16 gb is used really fast in AE and I will probably buy one SSD since I dont have that much money at disposal at the moment and use it for LR and catalog files.
Is there a thread where its explained rendering in AE. This is the first time I hear about rendering other way in AE and I dont want to bother too much since I Know you are busy, I would like just if you can point me in right direction and I will do the research myself, I just need to know what to look for
I am rendering my clips in AE with :
File - export - add to render que , then I do the adjustments and thats it
I didnt know there is other way
#9 Gunther
That's the right way - in After Effects CC however Adobe want's to push users towards using The Media Encoder, so there are two options there - I recommend using the old way via the render queue since it's way faster. You might have to activate a setting there allowing to use the old codecs in render queue (if you want to still use H.264).

...also check out: