• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Timelapse Stepper Motor Controller for Pro Timer first Version ready!!

#11 yimiblu
Hi!
This is a very good -and clever- idea!.
I have some experience in creating my motorized slider, with dc motors or with step motors, and arduino, and this combination seems very interesting to me. It is clear that those of us who are engaged in this, even if we already have completed projects, like to undertake new ideas all the time.

I think I would like to give this project a chance. Do you still have those pieces you commented on pre-mounted?
Regarding the 12v -> 5V current converter, why did you choose it? Is it not easier to feed the set with a 5V powerbank, more universal?

I may have missed something in my quick glance.

Thanks a lot!

And, again, thanks Gunther por making this possible.

Javi
#12 Sheeba
Hi Javi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you are interested in my Slider project.
I have used the 12-5V converter to power the motor controller and the nano.
The whole circuit with 5V to supply would not work. The stepper motor requires at least 12V, 24V would be even better. I have already operated the system with a 5V Power Bank and a Stepp Up Converter 5V-12V. That works, but not really good. A 12V battery is definitely better !!

I still have ready-made TLSMC modules in stock. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,
Hans
#13 yimiblu
Ah, ok! So you need those 12V to feed your motor. In my projects, i'm using nema-type motors but not so powerful. I have allways had troubles finding a good portable 12V power bank Sad
I'll try to adapt the project to the hardware i have here ^_^ I supose your modules are calculated to your power sources, so i must study the design prior to asking you for that material that you have kindly offered.

thanks again Sheeba!

p.s.: do you have any online samples of your hardware working? ^_^
#14 Sheeba
.. not yet but soon!!
#15 rutgar
Hi Sheeba

What a wonderful design to complement the LRT Pro Timer. I've already put together your design on a breadboard for evaluation but have come up with some problems.

My testbed is an 400mm slider on my bench which with the minimum of 0.5mm movement should allow me to set 800 shots but i can only go as high as 180. I'm using a nema 17 motor with a 20 tooth pulley. Is there some calibration settings i need to change in the software as i can't get the Move/Dist/Stepp menu to look anything like yours. With 100 shots set i have between 50mm/0.5mm and 90mm/0.9mm available. Set to 180 shots only allows me 90mm/0.9mm.

Regards,
Rutgar
#16 Sheeba
Hi Rutgar,
I am pleased to read that you have recreated my TLSMC !!
To your questions:
Did you set the start and end position?
What is the pitch of your toothed belt?
Your rail is 400mm long. How big is your slider (the part the camera is mounted on)?
To analyze that exactly, pictures of your setup would be good.
Greeting,
Hans
#17 rutgar
Hi Sheeba,
Thanks for getting back.
Yes i set both start and end positions. It does return to the start after shooting.
I'm using a GT2 belt so should be 2mm pitch.
The rail is 500mm long but the slider is 100mm wide, so travels 400mm.
#18 Sheeba
Hi Rutgar,
with which software version do you work?
Here I have released version 1.06. Use Google Translator to understand.
There are 2 possible sources of error:

1. The setting in the software. To do this, check:
// #define gearMotor518 // NEMA17 geared motor 5.18: 1 1036 stepp / r
#define nogearMotor // NEAM17 motor 200 stepp / r

#ifdef nogearMotor
  setsteppresolution (steppResS); // 1/16 step
#endif

Turn on the serial monitor in the Arduino IDE and then you should see the following.

TLSMC 1.06
Motor Stepps / 0.1mm = 8

2. The hardware:
I control the motor controller with "nogearMotor" with a Steppresolution of 1/16 stepps.
This is controlled by pins MS1, MS2 and MS3 on the motor controller
    case stepResS:
      digitalWrite (msPin1, HIGH);
      digitalWrite (msPin2, HIGH);
      digitalWrite (msPin3, HIGH); // set steppResolution to Sixteenth stepp

e.g. With these levels at the pins the controller will operate with a steppresolution of ¼ stepps.
    case steppResQ:
      digitalWrite (msPin1, LOW);
      digitalWrite (msPin2, HIGH);
      digitalWrite (msPin3, LOW); // set steppResolution to Quarter stepp

Measure the level on the pins. If these are not all high that can be a reason why you only get 90 mm. 400mm - 40mm (for mounting at the beginning and end of the rail) = 360/4 = 90mm !!!
Greeting,
Hans
#19 rutgar
Hi Sheeba
I changed the software to 1.05 and 1.13/2 ( couldn't find 1.06 )
It works a lot better now.
Would you be willing to share the TLSMC PCB design?

Thanks
Rutgar
#20 Sheeba
Hi Rutgar,
do you have the whole distance of 360mm?

Here you will find the TLSMC version 1.06:

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mot...-und-tlsmc

Regarding PCB, I sent you a PM.
Greetings Hans

...also check out: