• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy grail auto transition problem

#1 lucasfunkt
When I reload my images from lightroom back in LRTimelapse it looks like this.

[Image: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/l...4c549d.png]

Which I believe is roughly how it should look.

But then when I press auto transition, this happens

[Image: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/l...115c32.png]

What have I done wrong here?

It's no good as I've gone through the steps from this stage and when I select all the images in lightroom and go 'read metadata from files' the images all look as if they haven't been edited at all.
#2 Gunther
Unfortunately I can't see any screenshots...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lucasfunkt
Sorry about that, hopefully they're now visible to everyone now.

I also have another question about the holy grail technique detailed in your tutorial video.

Are there any tips you can give with regards to developing the images in lightroom to ensure that there is no flicker in the final video?

Because I've followed this method again on another couple of clips of mine and I'm still noticing a slight exposure jump at a couple of points in the video.

When editing the images I feel like I have to start the first few images really quite bright in order for me to keep gradually getting darker and darker. There's something unnatural in the way I'm editing each keyframe. I'm having to ensure the next image is slightly darker than the previous one, even though I'd probably prefer it to be a bit lighter.

Do you understand what I am say here? I feel as if I'm editing in a very ridged fashion as opposed to making each image as good as it can be.
#4 Gunther
(2013-06-04, 15:41)lucasfunkt Wrote: But then when I press auto transition, this happens

This is a bug when hitting auto transition on a sequence that has already been deflickered (you can see that the exposure column is red). It will be fixed in the next version.

To get rid of that turn on deflicker, say yes to remove old flicker, then turn it off again. Now hit the auto transition.

Please follow the workflow and apply deflicker only as the last step.
Thumbs Down
#5 lucasfunkt
(2013-06-06, 10:20)gwegner Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 15:41)lucasfunkt Wrote: But then when I press auto transition, this happens

This is a bug when hitting auto transition on a sequence that has already been deflickered (you can see that the exposure column is red). It will be fixed in the next version.

To get rid of that turn on deflicker, say yes to remove old flicker, then turn it off again. Now hit the auto transition.

Please follow the workflow and apply deflicker only as the last step.

Alright thank you.

Is there any advice you can give when editing the images so they don't end up being too dark?

I use Nikons too and I tend to find that they meter well in daylight but at night they tend to underexpose, so even with the holy grail method I end up with a properly exposed first half of the time lapse and a really dark, too dark second half of the video.

What rules do I need to be aware of when editing the images for a holy grail sequence that you've become aware of since the tutorial video was uploaded?
#6 Gunther
The metering will stop working when it's dark. You'll have to go for the histogram then!
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: