• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Timelapse with both landscape & portrait orientation?

#1 han_solo82
Hi!

I'm new to LR and LRTimelapse and I'm looking to do a timelapse with a day worth of pictures. Problem is most of my shots are taken in landscape orientation but some of them are in portrait as well! Now I want to include those shots (with the sides blacked out!) and would like to keep the continuity of them, is it easy to do or would that imply many many steps?

Also, is it possible to choose/edit the framerate easily in lightroom, all I saw was a template for 8,12, etc fps but I would like to be able to choose my own fps?

thanks!
#2 Gunther
Hmm... are you sure you want to mix Landscape and Portrait? If so, you should edit the Portrait images first and crop them to landscape to avoid trouble.
Regarding the slideshow fps: they should be a whole fraction of the video fps - 24 fps video could go with 12 fps oder 24fps slideshow. Longer intervals than 10fps are however possible by changing the value in lightroom directly.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 han_solo82
I'm absolutely sure I want to mix Landscape and Portrait, at least I want to give it a try to see the results. And I want to keep the original portrait files intact, so no cropping! My guess is I will have to create a photoshop action to do this before using LRTimelapse as I think I won't be able to do it natively in Lightroom but maybe I'm wrong? That's why I asked!

thanks for the tip about fps! I wish to use 4 or 6 fps!

(2011-11-30, 23:56)gwegner Wrote: Hmm... are you sure you want to mix Landscape and Portrait? If so, you should edit the Portrait images first and crop them to landscape to avoid trouble.
Regarding the slideshow fps: they should be a whole fraction of the video fps - 24 fps video could go with 12 fps oder 24fps slideshow. Longer intervals than 10fps are however possible by changing the value in lightroom directly.

#4 Gunther
You could try doing it in Lightroom. I've never done that kind of stuff, so please report if it worked out for you.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: