• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Total lunar eclipse with blood moon 2015

#1 DeejayMD
Hello forum, hello Gunther,

i just read your blog about the total lunar eclipse. Nice results!

I myself as a time lapse freak had to capture this event also, but i a lot of troubles accured doing this.

The serious moisture was the biggest problem, all my lenses get foggy after a while. It was so wet at 04:00, it was like a monsoon! Wink
Unfortunately i have no dew-heater. I will get some...

Next problem was my eMotimo. I have the "Google Skymap-App" on my smartphone, but it totaly screwed up! It's not precise enough, so i programed the eMotimo wrong and it moved too fast. You mentioned the "Astro Tracker" in your blog. Can you program this device so it can follow astro events exactly? It seems so, regarding to your video.

And last but not least the final problem, ok, it's more my purse's problem, my closest lens is only 140mm, but i wished i could get closer.

Anyway, besides the problems, i was able to capture this short video, with the help of LRTimelapse:

[Video: https://vimeo.com/140789660]

Best regards,

Martin
#2 Gunther
Hi Martin,
well done! Indeed, Astro Mounts like the Vixen Polarie or in my case the MDK V5 are much better suited to track the sky, because once you aligned them to North (on the northern hemisphere), they will track with Star-Speed or Moon-Speed, depending on your setting. The Emotimo ist not really suited for this.
For me the moisture was as well the biggest challenge. It's a mistery to me, how you could capture that at all without any heating...
Thanks for sharing!
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DeejayMD
Hi Gunther,

thanks for the info!
I will have a look on the MDK V5... LoL, i just googled it and Google tells me, that Gunther Wegner ist the master of the MDK V5! Wink
Your comments and reviews, regarding to the MDK V5, are the first results, when you type in " MDK V5" into Google. Well done!

BTW, this video is great! Nice quality, superb perspectives and an unusual, but great soundtrack:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U314BtRJG8]

I really enjoyed it!

"For me the moisture was as well the biggest challenge. It's a mistery to me, how you could capture that at all without any heating..."

Please have a look at the end of scene one... Wink
I had to abort all my captures every 30 minutes because of the moisture.
Without this problem i could record 3 hours continuously, at least i programed the eMotimo for this period of time... - wrong! Wink

Best regards,

Martin

...also check out: