• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TP Link connection problems

#1 Worldoceans
Hello,

I bought a TP link TL MR3040 Router and flashed it exactly as advised in your tutorial and it responded as expected with the LEDs. I used the V2 Factory download as suggested.

After setting the password I went into WiFi and saw that the DDServerAP Wifi was there. I added the OpenWRT wifi but did not disable the DDServer.  I then was able to hook up to the camera with the DDserver but not OpenWRT. However, I could only hook up once and could not repeat it. I tried disabling DDServer and then going in through Open WRT, but it would not connect.

Could you tell me whether I should have both protocols or just one - and which one?

Thank you.

Steve
#2 Gunther
As far as I know (I'm not the developer of qDDB) the modified firmare identifies itself as DDServer. DDServer is a special module that runs on OpenWRT and is required to connect qDslrDashboard to the Router. So you have to have the DDServer process running otherwise you can't connect with qDDB.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Worldoceans
Thank you Gunther. I understand it is not your product; I emailed Zoltan with no reply. Anyhow, it worked after leaving both protocols in place and attaching to DDserver. I have no idea what OpenWRT does, but perhaps I don't need to know. I found that I have to click on the Nikon button as well as the network connection button (1st one), sometimes multiple times, and then it eventually connects. I'm not sure what the correct sequence is, since it appears inconsistent.

It is now working great! I found that with sudden changes in ambient light it takes a long time to compensate. That's because it uses a rolling average of 3 frames and only adjusts 0.3EV each time (which of course can be adjusted). So if during tests you change ambient light by one stop, it will take at least 9 frames before it reaches the correct exposure whichsatisfies the threshold. Obviously this is not a problem with sunset or sunrise since ambient light changes much slower. But it confused me during tests and I originally thought it wasn't working correctly.

Thank you for your help - it is a great App! It's not free for IOS, but it's cheap at $9.99.

...also check out: