• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Transition isn't working

#1 Bruiser
I have gone through the usual method and saved my keyframes metadata in lightroom.

Upon reloading the metadata, pressing the auto-transition, it is failing to smooth out the transition and I am ending up with the same data as the original files.

I updated Lightroom the other day. Any idea what is going on?

When I uncheck the "hide unchanged columns", all of the columns appear with no changes what so ever. Even when I check the keyframes, those setting are all zeroed and not set the same as in Lightroom.
#2 Gunther
Please check this faq thread: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bruiser
I had a look and couldn't really see anything relevant. So I used the Holy Grail method which worked out fine once I adjusted the setting for it.

Can you tell me something. Just to clarify, should LRTimelapse be smoothing out the frames when not using Holy Grail also? As I find that even though I am adjusting the keyframes, the transition does not smooth out at all, it is staying very much the same as the original settings. Where as when I use Holy Grail, it is smoothing out the sequence.

Do you have a video explaining the settings sliders in Holy Grail?

I am using a Mac with Yosemite and the newest Lightroom.

Thanks
#4 Gunther
Hi, the Holy Grail Wizard smoothes out the Jumps that came from changing Shutter/ISO/Aperture on the camera while shooting in M-Mode. LRTimelapse will not do this otherwise. The Auto-Transition will only transition the develop properties from Lightroom, but not do any smoothing.
The Visual Deflicker will add another, finer Smoothing. If you leave out the Auto-Holy Grail, then Visual Deflicker will have a much harder job, you will have to apply it several times to get a smooth result.
So the combination of Auto-Holy Grail and Visual Deflicker is just perfect.

The slider in the Holy Grail Wizard are not that important, only use them, to bring the orange curve close to the horizontal middle line, if needed.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: