• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Transition when removing ND-Filter

#1 keksi
Hello all,
Ich have got some experience about shooting technics during the last months, but i am quite new to lrtimelapse and lightrooom.

I want to do a video from sun (setting sun in the view) to stars. Concerning hardware I use a Panasonic G1 or GH1 with a Nocton 25 mm 0.95 and Heliopan Filters ND3 (1000x), maybe also ND2 (100x) + UV/IR-Filter ES52 . Shooting mode will be aperture priority, white balance set to sunlight. Around sunset time I will remove the ND-Filter and later on gradually open the aperture (manually). Feel free to try it;-)

My problem is:
Strong ND-filters produce a change in colour temperature, unfortunately even the UV/IR-filter cannot totally prevent that. Thus I get a distinct difference in look when removing the ND3-Filter (especially colour temperature and contrast I think, brightness is the smallest problem due to automatic selection of exposure time).

I have tried to compensate the colour/contrast - change in lightroom using the controllers for exposure, colour temperature and graduation curve, but so far I came somewhat close but by far not close enough to make that transistion invisible.

What to do now to make the first non-filter pic look same as the last filter pic? Any automatic tool in lightroom? Try harder to find the settings by myself? Or just impossible?

Thx for help!

#2 Gunther
It shold be possible. Try using WB and the HSL sliders. Make sure to set keyframes as explained in the "holy grail"-tutorial on the adjacent images to not destroy the changes, when you make transitions.
To get a close match between the images try to avoid "non-linear" develop parameters as explained here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-i-m-...ent-images
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 keksi
Thx for the info Gunther,
In between i came very close by using the sliders for exposure, wb and tone curve. Thats 7 sliders all together, a really hard job, but some more time and it might work. For sure i will minimize the amount of such transitions.

In between, for getting some faster results, i shoot in manual mode also :-)

transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: