• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Troubles with holy grail timelapse

#1 TNPhoto
I recently shot a holy grail time laps sequence and I'm having troubles with it in LRTimelapse. I've gone through all of the steps in the Visual Workflow but the jumps in exposure are not being smoothed out and I don't understand what I did wrong. I'm including a screen shot - I'm in the second to last step - Visual Previews and you can see that the magenta line in the preview has the saw-tooth shape and when I play the preview the exposure does indeed jump.

I'm using LRTimelapse 5.3 on a Windows 7 PC. Sorry, I don't know what other information to include.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
my suspicion would be that you somehow messed with the gradient filters and/or edited to heaviliy with non linear tools in Lightroom.
Please see this faq: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Please start over: remove the sequence from Lightroom, do Metadata/Initialize in LRT then do the workflow again. Mind the tips from the faq post.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 TNPhoto
Thanks for your reply Gunther! I will try redoing it and will see if it helps. I looked at the faq and I think I did everything correctly. The only thing that I maybe messed up is the crop animation, whichI now understand is not recommended. I set up my initial crop in the first key frame and then a tighter crop in the last key frame but I left the key frame in the middle without a crop at all. Maybe that's the problem?
Anyway, I will try it again tonight when I get home.
#4 Gunther
No, crop animation should work fine as you did it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: