• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to Export Error

#11 sandtracks
Hi Gunther I am also having problems exporting. I am using the latest version of lightroom classic cc updated yesterday and LRTimelapse 5.02. When I want to export from lightroom I get the following error message "Unable to export an internal error has occured LRTExportTask.lua:407: atempt to index field '?' (a nil value). I have done the following
Uninstalled LRTimelapse and Lightroom and reinstalled both. I made sure store preset is unchecked in Lightroom preferences.
#12 mh1at
same problem here.
Occurs if I export multiple sequences at once, but not always. I export one folder, wait a minute, start another export, window "preparing export" finishes and then the export of the first folder crashes with this error:

"Unable to export an internal error has occured LRTExportTask.lua:407: atempt to index field '?' (a nil value)."

PC with Intel i7, Windows 10, latest Lightroom with new catalog (containing only 2 folders), LRT5.0.2 and latest export plugin.
I'm happy to beta test if you need some more details!

btw: It got harder to export multiple sequences at once since the latest lightroom update - my CPU is on 100% with just one export and I can hardly start a new one because the UI is not responding half the time xD

Grüße aus Innsbruck
#13 Gunther
I will try to reproduce this. But since LRT5 it's not recommended to start multiple exports in parallel anymore.
Just select all the folders that you want to export at once, then all the images and export. LRTimelapse will separate them automatically into individual folders and render. This is much better with the latest LR upgrade as well.
I've explained that in the what's new video on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 Gunther
For all of you experiencing the "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)" error - I guess I've found out what's happening there.

This seems to happen, if you have a parent folder selected in Lightroom, instead of the child folder(s) with the images.

In order for LRTimelapse to be able to distinguish between multiple foldernames, you need to have the child(s) folder selected, in which the images are located.

I recommend to have your timelapse ordered into meaningful folders, for example:

Timelapse-Originals
----2018-02-12_Paris_Eiffel_Tower
----2018-02-12_Paris_Louvre_1

etc.

Then, when exporting from Lightroom, just select 2018-02-12_Paris_Eiffel_Tower, select all images and export. This will work.
You can also select 2018-02-12_Paris_Eiffel_Tower and 2018-02-12_Paris_Louvre_1 alltogether in Lightroom, select all images of both sequences and export.

But you cannot select "2018" and export, that would deliver the error message that you are experiencing.
I will try to catch that message in the next version and display an explanation.

I have written an faq entry on about how to best organize your timelapse sequences, see: https://lrtimelapse.com/knowhow/organize...sequences/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#15 mh1at
tmyfault *facepalm* 
I didn't watch your "whats new" till the end yet and missed the new multiple folder export feature.
This would have saved me so much time the last days Undecided

anyway, thank you very much Gunther for this new great features Big Grin

...also check out: