• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unexplained Luminance Spikes on Keyframes (not where camera values change)

#1 Jacksoni
I've been using LRTimelapse for a while and thank you for the great software. This is the first issue I'm really having trouble with and can't resolve myself...

Having gone through the whole Holy Grail process as described in the instructions, there are large spikes in the purple 'Visual Lum' column. These are on each keyframe and DO NOT correspond to camera settings changes (holy grail in/out points).

Please see screenshot, it should explain clearly.

I have also tried resetting the whites, black, clarity, and dehaze but to no avail.

As I scrub through the shots one by one, when I pass a keyframe it looks noticeably brighter. However the Exposure numbers are correct.. just the luminance values are off.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
It seems to be on the keyframes only. Please try again, start with Metadata/Initialize, remove the sequence from Lightroom. Start over the whole workflow.
Mostly this happens, when you remove or add gradients or use unsupported tools in LR. Don't do that. Use only the provided graduated filters. check out this thread: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jacksoni
Thanks for your reply. I've just tried what you suggested and the problem still persists. I applied less changes this time but there are still huge spikes on the keyframes. Do you have any other suggestions?
#4 Gunther
Please send me a part of those images including xmp files in a zip file via http://fromsmash.com to support (at)lrtimelapse.com

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
#5 Red sock 01
I'm having the same issue, at key frames. Was there a solution?

It is very frustrating as it takes so long to visual preview to see your efforts go to waste. Is there a proxy way? 

Thanks,
#6 Red sock 01
I think I got it, it's from copying and pasting in Lightroom as opposed to not using scripts to paste setting through key frames. Either that, or deleting one of the radial or gradient filter options you give us.
Thanks
#7 Jacksoni
Thanks for the update Red sock. I'll give that a try. If that doesn't work I'll send files over to gwegner
#8 Jacksoni
I reduced the colour grading and effects to a bare minimum and finally got the problem to go away. The bare result isn't great but I will take it elsewhere to grade now that I have a working clip.

On a side note - I was missing the 'Script' functions. Turns out I had loaded up 'Lightroom CC' instead of 'Lightroom Classic CC'. The former has no script function.

Thanks again
#9 Gunther
(2018-05-24, 22:38)Jacksoni Wrote: I reduced the colour grading and effects to a bare minimum and finally got the problem to go away. The bare result isn't great but I will take it elsewhere to grade now that I have a working clip.

On a side note - I was missing the 'Script' functions. Turns out I had loaded up 'Lightroom CC' instead of 'Lightroom Classic CC'. The former has no script function.

Thanks again
Yes, you need Lightroom Classic to work with LRTimelapse.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
#10 Red sock 01
Yes, it was definetly one of the two issues, copying and pasting as opposed to using the 'script' option, or, accidentally deleting one of the radial or gradient filter options. I need to point out, unfortunately, those issues aren't raised in the holy grail tutorial, only when I back tracked to the basic tutorial, did I pick up on that. I also left black and white levels at zero. I think, grade focusing on things that you need transitionally, you can apply the looks to see how they look over the key frames (clarity for example). Just reset it to zero when you're happy. 

I leave all consistent corrections, e.g. Clarity, lens, cropping for post lrtime-lapse. 

I had at least 4 or 5 shots before exposure changes. A shot every 18 seconds. Issue with my A7 and intervalometer is that it occasionally doesn't allow me to roll the exposure (dials are unresponsive), so I neede to switch the camera off and on again. 

I hope this helps.

...also check out: