• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Union Station KC Missouri Day to Night

Video
#1 levengood01
[Video: https://youtu.be/V05lsx-I6ko]

This is my first attempt at the Holy Grail technique using LRTimelapse (Version 4.5.1)  Shot with Panasonic GH4 - 5 sec interval - Aperture Priority
#2 richparry
Assuming nothing is wrong with my eyes or computer, the first 10 seconds are horribly out of focus.

I believe most HG is done fully manual rather Aperture Priority. Changing ISO or shutter speed is more normal for HG.

My 2 cents, good luck
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 levengood01
Thanks Rich. In fully manual do you just keep an eye on the histogram and adjust shutter speed when it starts to clip?

This was also my first time loading such a large file to youtube. I was surprised it played as well as it did. Not sure why the beginning is blurry.
#4 richparry
Are the original images in the first 10 seconds "in focus"? In other words are you saying the out of focus problem occurred in post processing. Just want to make sure I understand before commenting further.

Regarding how to shoot the HG, Gunther and others have done a great job making tutorials  and Gunther's book is excellent, so I won't say much but will refer you to those resources. However, the short version is most folks change either the ISO or Shutter Speed. Some change those parameters automatically using external devices/software like QDSLRDashboard and some change it manually. The problem with manually doing it is that it is hard to make physical adjustments to the camera without moving the camera.

I am sure some will disagree, but I think letting the camera make decisions on exposure using Aperature Priority should always be avoided. In fact, any automatic settings made my the camera should be avoided in my opinion.

Read and watch the tutorials and best of luck,
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.

...also check out: