• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unpublished experiments to timelapse the Milky way ...

#1 djoubert
I am pleased to share some unpublished experiments to timelapse the Milky Way
Mode explanation below.
questions/comments welcome
Dominique
https://youtu.be/-Bm3FEKobr4

5 sequences over 2 nights with 2 Canon 6D Modded and 1 Canon 250D
This timelapse to experiment some new and unique way to timelapse the night sky. Using some higher focal lengh than wide angle lens needs tracking, then to choose either to have the foreground or the Milky Way moving, With this timelapse I experimented to have both moving. part of this timelapse is shoot with tracking and motion..., meaning a very special setup compositions:
- 135mm lens with a SAM (Star Adventurer Mini) using Long exposure timelapse put an a SA Pro ( Star Adventurer Pro) using Astrophotography mode./ Canon 6D modded F2 20s
- 50mm lens with a Syrp Genie Mini using Tilt Timelapse mode put on a SAM using Astrophotography mode./ Canon 6D modded F2.2 20s
- 85mm lens with a Syrp Genie Mini using Pan Timelapse mode put on a AZ/GTI mount using Alt-AZ tracking. / Canon 6D modded F2 20s
Regarding other parameter exif : Canon 6D modded at 6400 ISO
- Also a Canon 250D with a 14mm sigma F1.8 3200 ISO 20s / 24mm F1.4 3200 ISO 20S.
#2 harrystranger
Great work! I'll be getting my hands on a Star Adventurer this weekend so this has me even more excited!
#3 chrisstratton
Very nice. I got lost 'in the weeds' with the various camera/lens/SAM proprietary software references. It appears that you're using one setup as a tracker to counteract the earth's rotation which is rotating the second one for panning? Or do I have that wrong?
#4 djoubert
Yes your are almost right.
The keypoint is the tracking to compensate earth rotation,
then adding a second movement to have either pan or tilt or partial reverse tracking movement.
with a second item mounted on the tracking mount ...

...also check out: